Chapter 4: 13 years later

*13 years later since Penny disappeared... so it's 6 years after the last chapter... just to clarify*

   "Hello, this is Grace from Derry Middle School, is this Ms. (Y/L/N) speaking?" The voice said on the other side of the phone.
"Yes, this is she" I said back, concerned.
"Very sorry to bother you but your son Robert has landed himself in the office again and the Principal would like to speak to you, so if you could come down to the school that would be appreciated." She said.
"Okay, I'll be about 15 minutes" I hung up the phone, making my way to my bosses office.

   "Well Ms. (Y/L/N) it appears Robert has been causing trouble in his class." His principal explained.
Robert sat in the chair next to me with his eyes glued to the floor.
"What happened?" I sighed.
This isn't the first time this has happened, it was almost the end of the school year and Robbie has racked up about 5 visit to detention and I've had to talk to his principal once before.
"Why don't you tell your mother, Robert?" The principal gestured to him.
"I kept scaring other kids in my class..." he began.
"Yes, and you were caught drawing some pretty disturbing things in this notebook." The principal passed over his notebook and I looked through it. Drawings of headless people, monsters and blood were splattered across the pages in red pen.
"Robert, why are you drawing this?" I asked, shaking my head.
"I don't know" he just shrugged his shoulders.
"Well I'll take you home and you can think of an answer while you're in your room for the rest of the night." I said, getting up. "Thank you." I said to the principal and Robbie and I made our way back to the car.
We got inside, Robert slamming the door behind him.
"Hey, what is that attitude?" I asked, sternly.
I hate being mad at him but lately he's been so moody. A lot of people who I've spoken to blame it on puberty, and yes that might be the cause, but I think it's something bigger.
"Look at me." I said turning to face him. He didn't budge. "Robert Penny, look at me."
He turned to look at me, his blue eyes were filled with regret and the bags under his eyes were very prominent.
"What happened? What's going on?" I asked, shaking my head.
"I don't know" he shrugged once again.
"That's not an answer. You used to love school, you used to be happy." I began to say before he cut me off.
"I don't mean to" he said, looking me in the eyes. "My teacher told us to draw whatever we wanted to."
"Where is this coming from?" I didn't let him watch scary shows or movies for this exact reason.
"My dreams" he said.
I sighed, of course. The dreams hadn't stopped, he was still having them multiple times a week and now since he's older he's been falling back asleep on his own. That is, until I hear him screaming.
"Okay. Well, let's not draw about our dreams at school okay?" I said, taking his hand.
He shook his head and I started the car.

It was late at night and I was reading a magazine on the couch in the living room. Robbie had fallen asleep a while ago and I wanted to stay awake to keep a close eye on him. I heard his bedroom door open so I got off the couch and walked down to his room. He was standing in his doorway, obviously sleep walking. I went up to him and noticed his eyes, they were glowing. They had a slight amber hint with the blue and were glowing so fiercely it was hard to look at. I grabbed his shoulders, turning him around and walking back to his bed.
"You're sleepwalking, honey." I said, just in case he could hear me.
I tucked him back into bed and he closed his eyes.
I was making my way back to the living room when Robbie started screaming. I ran back, grabbing him in my arms and holding him tightly.
"It's okay, it was a dream." I whispered.
I stayed up the rest of the night after that, not being able to stop thinking about what just happened.