Chapter 18: Blood

I ran out of the building and down the street, not caring where I was going. Why? I screamed to myself, stopping to take a breath. I found myself standing under a dull street lamp. I looked around trying to find somewhere with a pay phone for me to call a taxi and of course it began to rain. I continued walking down the street, finally coming across a gas station. I walked in, making my way to the back where the washroom was. I locked the door and broke down in tears. I looked at myself in the mirror, hair soaking wet with mascara running down my cheeks. I began to cry harder not wanting to look at myself anymore. Something came over me and before I was able to comprehend what I was doing, I felt my fist make contact with the mirror.

The mirror cracked and all I could see was red crimson begin to cover my hand. I couldn't scream the pain was so unbearable. I grabbed some tissue, trying my best to cover my hand and stop the bleeding. Once I wasn't able see the red through the white tissue anymore , I left the washroom, putting my head down and exiting the gas station. I used the pay phone and a taxi arrived within minutes.

"Where to?" the driver asked as I got in the back.

"Can you take me to 29 Neibolt St in Derry, please?" I asked, trying not to sound like I've been crying.

"Uh sure... you alright miss?" he asked in a thick Australian accent.

"I'm fine." I said, looking down at the hand that I was trying to hide.

He dropped me and I handed him money.

"You sure this is it?" he asked in an 'are you serious?' kind of tone.

"Yes thank you, you can go now." I said, getting out of the car.

He drove away as I stood outside the gate in the rain. My hair was sticking to my forehand and neck so I pushed it away and made my way inside. The house was dark, just like it always was. I don't know why I decided to come here and not my own place, actually I did, because I wanted to see Penny.

I grabbed my hand with the other and could immediately feel the blood. I looked down seeing my make-shift cast now completely soaked through, one part actually dripping, making drops of blood hit the floor. I squeezed my eyes shut, the pain finally hitting me and I began to sob. Bending down at the waist, I clutched my hand to my stomach, shaking.

"(Y/N)" was all I heard before Penny rushed over to me, getting down on his knees, making his head level to mine.

I looked up at him and couldn't hold in my sobs. He took my hand in his, unwrapping the now dissolving tissue from my hand.

His eyes began to glow, "what happened?" he asked growling.

"I punched a mirror" was all I was able to get out.

"Why would you do that?"

"I was angry, i'm so stupid!" I cried out.

"That's-that's a lot of blood" he said, gulping.

"Here" he said, extending my hand out further.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Healing you" he said, licking his lips.

He put his lips around my hand, beginning to suck. It hurt at first but then the pain began to disappear. When he stopped, he put my hand down, stood up and licked my forehead. I must have gotten blood on it when I moved my hair out of my face. He then moved down to my neck, licking and sucking. He stopped and I looked at him, his lips and front teeth were covered in blood. He shot away from me, turning his back to me and huffing, trying to catch his breath. I looked down at my hand, there was no more blood and each cut on my knuckles were now turned into scares.

"The scars won't go away but it should be healed." he said, his back still turned to me.

I stood there, still holding my hand, not sure what to do.

"Are you alright?" I asked, finally calmed down.

"Why are you asking me?" he spat.

"Why won't you look at me?" I asked.

"I'm scared if I do, i'll want to taste you again." he said in between heavy breathes.

This was the first time he admitted he was scared. I didn't think he was able to get scared honestly.

I walked over to where he was and around him so we were now facing each other. He had his head held down, eyes closed like he was concentrating. I looked at him, the blood on his lips still there. I grabbed his face and kissed him, not caring about the blood, heck it was my own. He kissed back, picking me up from under my butt and I wrapped my legs around him. With my hands still on his child like cheeks I unlocked our lips, taking a breath.

"It's okay, Penny." I said, looking into his blue eyes. "It's okay."