Chapter 8: Not For Eating

*There is some strong language in this one*

   I woke up on the floor of my dorm with my hair and hand covered in blood. My head was pounding and I felt nauseous. I tried to stand but I slipped in my own blood and began sobbing. Greg, the boy who lived in the room next door to mine came bounding in and to my side. "What the fuck happened?" He asked obviously in shock. I couldn't speak all I did was cry.  He ran out of the room to call an ambulance.
   I woke up to myself in a hospital bed, I could feel my head pounding but there was now a bandage wrapped around it. I was confused, shocked and didn't know what to do with myself. A nurse soon came in and explained to me that I had a skull fracture and would need to stay in hospital for a few days. I didn't argue.

   I arrived back at my dorm a few days later with the help of Margaret, she had come as soon as she heard and stayed with me in hospital. She questioned me what happened and I couldn't tell her, not only because I was in such shock, but also because I didn't want to. Oddly enough, I wanted it to be a secret.
My room was now cleaned, the smell of bleach very prominent from when they cleaned up all the blood. Margaret put me to bed and stayed with me for the night. I didn't sleep at all, I just starred at the closet.
   The next morning I was up and walking around, I ate some breakfast and decided to sit in the common room to watch the busy morning activities, just like before. I was dressed in sweatpants and a large sweaters, but I didn't care how I looked. Heck, I had a huge bandage wrapped around my head. I slept for most of the day after that, having the sunlight come through my window made it easier to fall asleep, oddly enough. I was suddenly afraid of the dark, which I didn't really have an issue with before.

   I woke up a few hours to rain hitting against my window. I watched the water droplets run down the window against the background of the now black sky. I actually felt a sense of calm.     

   Suddenly, I heard a slight creek from the far corner of my room. The one corner which was completely black. I stayed still, my eyes wide. Tears began to gather in the brim of my eyes and I blinked them out. The clown then came into view, just standing there, starring at me. I again, didn't move. I wasn't scared. I was more angry.

He stood there in the darkness, the only source of light coming from the moon which bounced off his silk suit.

We looked at each other in silence then, he chuckled, saying "I'm Pennywise, Pennywise the Dancing Clown. Pennywise meet (Y/N), (Y/N) meet Pennywise" he said giving me a toothy grin.

I didn't say anything back.

His smile then turned to a frown, "(Y/N) is mad at Pennywise." He asked with high pitched voice, tilting his head.

I gulped, "yes I am," I said with all the courage I had in my body.

How did he know that?

"Why?" He asked.

I sat up slowly, then pointed to my head.

"Ahhh yes." He said moving forward towards me, eyes so wide and the bells on his suit ringing.

"(Y/N) is not afraid of Pennywise"

I just starred at the clown. His eyes were different this time, they weren't glowing so harshly, now they were a light amber colour.

"What do you want?" I asked, voice shaking.

  "Pennywise is hungry" I began to understand and the fear reappeared for a second.

"So you're going to eat me?" I said, tears beginning to roll down my face as I look away from him.

It took me a moment but I looked back up at him, his mouth was now open slightly showing off his teeth, just starring at me..

"No, no, (Y/N) is not for eating." He finally said shaking his head with a smile on his face.

He seemed happy?

"What am I for then?" I asked, not really wanting to know the answer. 

He shook his head, "No, no yet, not quite yet" he said beginning to walk backwards into the dark corner, then before I knew it, he disappeared.