Chapter 38: Be Here As Long As You Can

"Pregnant?

"That's impossible." I shook my head. 

"Have you been sexually active?" he asked. 

Shit.

"What do I do?" I began to panic.

He grabbed my hand, "it's alright, the nurse will explain everything to you, get you set with a gynecologist and it'll be okay," he patted my hand, getting up. "Just rest."

   I was sitting on the bus on the way back to the University, Margaret had visited me in the hospital but she had a major test today so couldn't drive me home. I just told her I had an accident and I didn't tell her about the pregnancy. Margaret had no idea I was even having sex so her finding out I was pregnant was going to be a big blow. I will tell her, just not now. I sat at the window seat with my raincoat in my arms. I watched as the other cars drove by, 'they have no idea', I thought to myself, they have no idea i'm now pregnant with a demon clowns baby. 

I got off the bus, stopping and standing there for a moment as it drove away. I could go home and lay down my bed, contemplating how I'm going to tell everyone in my life, or, I could walk to Neibolt Street and tell the single most important person, Penny.

My lungs were burning as I opened up the gate to the house. I set my stuff down on the mattress, catching my breath. I wasn't sure if I was prepared to see him, what happened in the well was intense and I couldn't even think about it in the hospital without my heart rate rising to a dangerous level. I put my hair into a ponytail, trying my best to fight the tears. 

He walked through the door, still in human form. 

"What are you doing in your human form?" I asked.

"I don't want to scare you anymore than I already have." he looked at me, tears brimming his eyes. He looked so gentle, his male featured so prominent but he looked so soft. It was hard for me to believe this was still Penny. 

"I'm not afraid of you." I said, walking over to him. 

He shut he eyes, looking up at the ceiling. 

"Hey' I said, moving his head so he was looking at me. "I love you." I said as tears fell down my cheeks. 

"Then why are you afraid?" he asked.

I put my arms down, now I couldn't look at him, "I'm pregnant" I whispered out. 

"What?" was all he said.

"The doctor told me" I said wiping away my tears with my sleeves. "I'm very early but, i'm pregnant." 

Penny back away, "Oh shit." he said, a look of utter shock came across his face. "That isn't possible"

"We had sex" I said, shrugging. 

"I can't have offspring" he shook his head.

"It was probably when you were in your human form... humans make babies so i'm sure when you... you know... that's when it happened." I tried explaining. "And we didn't use a condom." 

"You're gonna have my baby?" he said, finally turning to look at me. 

I shook my head. 

"I won't be here... My time is almost up" I forgot about that. 

I could feel the tears begin to come back, "it's okay, you'll be here as long you can."