Chapter 40: "Everything Will Be Okay"

I could hear my families cars start outside and i looked my window as i saw them drive away. 

My mom knocked on the door and she came in, closing it behind her. 

"So what's wrong sweetie?" my mom gestured for me to sit on the bed beside her. 

I got up, sitting next to her and i didn't say anything. 

"What's on your mind?" she said, rubbing my back again.

"It wasn't about the kid from school, well maybe a little but that's not really the reason." i gulped. What was i going to say?  My breathing became erratic and i felt tears fall down my cheeks. 

"Honey-" she started.

"I'm pregnant, Mom." i said. 

We were both silent, her hand stopped in the middle of my back. 

"What?" she whispered out. 

"I'm about 6-7 weeks..." i said in between tears.

"H-Wha- Who got you pregnant?" she asked, trying to look me in eyes but I refused. 

"Uh some boy i met." i said, wiping my tears away. "I'm so sorry" i began crying even harder. 

My mom pulled me into a hug, "shh, shh, we'll figure this out." 

I nodded my head.

"I'll talk to your father." We both knew that was going to be a tough conversation and I was no state to handle it. 

"Do you wanna transfer back home?" she began saying.

"No!" i said quickly. "I like Derry... i've made friends there... i like the school." i began trailing off.

"Okay, okay." my mom sighed. 

We parted and she wiped my cheeks with her thumbs, "does anybody else know?"

I shook my head, no.

"The boy, does he know?" she asked with sorrow in her eyes. 

"Yeah, he does. He's been great." 

"I'm glad to hear that." she said, smiling at me. "Everything will okay my sweet girl."