Chapter 42

Hi? It's been awhile...

But I have a reason. I have had state testing for a while.

14 shall go south to face the devil

In this war 13 prevail

But one will be destined to fail

The loyal one will be to stay

The camp left in disarray

One will fall to a traitor

And the war will be won sooner or later

A blinding light cuts through the darkness like a knife through butter. Percy stands alone in a field. The only thing there is flowers that go up to his waist.

All around him is dirt. There is no buildings nor trees. Percy looks around and sees nothing. Then a black dot is seen a while away. The dot gets closer until you can see that that dot is not a dot. It is a person.

A figure in a black cloak walks forward. They are wearing black army boots that clank everywere they walk. Percy wonders how he had not herd them before he saw them. The figure removes their hood and walks closer.

The figure is a female with red hair and her eyes are like tiny black holes with red specs in them. She has many scars on her face but the most prominent one is one that goes from her left ear lobe, along her jaw, all the way to her chin. Percy must say even with the scars she looks pretty.

"Perseus Jackson." She says. Percy flinches at the use of his full name. He has the urge to correct her but thinks better of it.

"That would be me. Who are you?" Percy asks.

"I am nobody of importance. I am only here to help you make a choice. And you have two of them." The woman says. Percy looks at her weirdly before shaking his head and telling himself that it was all normal.

"What are they?" Percy asks. He searches his pockets worriedly searching for Riptide. But he cannot find it.

"The first is that you stay here. You give up. You die. Your life would be peaceful." The woman says. Then she clears her throught. "Or you could get out of here and live. But I will warn you that things may not be the same if you go back." The woman says.

Percy looks at her hesitantly. He finally clears his sore throught and says, "I chose..."