Chapter 38

14 shall go south to face the devil

In this war 13 prevail

But one will be destined to fail

The loyal one will be to stay

The camp left in disarray

One will fall to a traitor

And the war will be won sooner or later

The group of people going on the quest got up at 6:00am that following morning.

They had to be ready.

"So where are we going?" Sandra asks.

"There has been abnormal occurrences down in Atlanta so that is were I thought we could check." Bruce says.

That is a good idea. But what is our plan once we get there?" Hunter asks.

"We hope to the gods that the prophesy is wrong. It does say that we are going to lose two people and one will have to stay behind. We just got to hope that it is not going to happen the way the prophesy says." Percy says as they walk to the border.

"I agree on that. Many people have been lost to quests. I doubt that we need any more." Thalia says stepping over the barrier.

"People have died?" Peter asks the the 3 demigods.

Please don't... Percy says through the mind link.

Wait you knew? Why didn't you tell me? Don't you trust me? Peter asks.

I do... but I just didn't want to talk about it. And also you would probably ask for names. And that was the last thing I wanted to talk about. Percy says.

I understand... Peter says.

"Who?" Bruce asks.

Percy stiffens as a few tears fall down his face. He was not ready to talk about any of them quite yet.

Percy speeds up and it goes unnoticed by everyone. They were just to absorbed in the conversation.

"Many on quests. A lot in the first war. Almost everyone that was in the second one. Some die before they reach camp. Killed by monsters. Some get killed by monsters that end up crossing the border. Some are unlucky enough to tick of one of the gods. Many don't like past 17. It is almost impossible to reach adulthood." Thalia says.

"That's... that's sad. So why do some survive?" Tony asks.

"Some get help from the gods themselves. Others just get lucky. Some of their parents knew that they were demigods and took them to camp. Others parents help them by making them smell as humanly as possible. And sometimes it is the grossest and worst way possible. As long as they get here safe." Thalia says.

"So what about Percy? How did he get here?" Peter asks.

"You would have to ask him. Nico didn't get found until Percy's third year. And I was still a tree when Percy came." Thalia says.

The others nod and jump when Percy starts speaking. "If you don't mind that will be a story I tell you later. But my life is not a happy one. On a happier note I found a portal that Iris sent us to help. Ryleigh must have asked her to help us." Percy says smiling.

They all walk to the portal and look at each other. They grab onto hands and step in the portal together. There is a ringing noise and the next thing they know they are falling.