After a while I randomly looked around at the buffet table and gasped, my hands went slack and the cutlery in my hand dropped onto my plate with a clatter.

    There, by the buffet was a tall, broad shouldered boy with spiky dark brown hair that looked horribly familiar.

     It was him, what was he doing here?

    My breaths started coming out in gasps, my palms got all clammy and I nearly fainted.

    Then, when I started to feel light headed, he turned around and started walking towards a table and I saw that he wasn’t who I thought he was.

    He looked so much like him though. I sat there staring at him, still unable to breathe, my heart pounding in my chest, a ton of memories threatening to break through the walls I worked so hard to build.

    I got up hastily, pushing my chair back so hard that it nearly fell over; the people at the table closest to mine looked up at me in shock. I ignored them and hurried out of the room.

    I did my best to keep a calm demeanour, I have learnt from experience that showing my feelings here, leads to an ‘emergency therapy’ session. I kept my face expressionless, not revealing the craziness going on in my head, as I stalked towards the door.

    I was just about to push it open when one of the restaurant staff walked towards me.

    “I have to check you,” she said holding out her hands. And I nodded. I kept my eyes on her as she patted me down. I shuddered as her hands touched me.

    I wanted to run, to cringe away. But that wouldn’t stop her… much like it did not stop him…

    Just as I was on the brink of exploding, she moved away from me and gave me the okay. I kept my calm, brisk walk until I turned the corner away from the view of the staff.

    As soon as I turned the corner I ran down the path towards my building, the memories were starting to come now, I started running faster.

    Chase Wilson, the reason for all my misery, the one who started it all.

    Chase, with his charming smile that always made my heart flutter and made me forget whatever I was saying,

    Chase and his charming ways, able to get anyone to do what he wanted them to.

     I trusted him, and he betrayed me in a way I didn’t think he was capable of. I chocked back a sob and started running even faster.

    I was now running down the path towards building number four; I slowed down my pace as I pushed open the doors hastily fighting back the tears now.

    As soon as the door opened the two supervisors sprang apart, they were cuddled up on one of the couches in the lobby sucking faces. I refrained from running in here, and hurried to the elevator and started pressing the down button over and over again. The elevator finally arrived as I chocked back another sob, the doors slid open and I jabbed down the button with the number two on it.

    By the time the elevator came to a stop and the doors opened I couldn’t hold my tears back anymore and they were flowing freely down my face.

    I hurried to the door still managing to hold back the loud sobs that were threatening to break free. At the door I fumbled a bit with the key as my vision was blurred by the never-ending flow of tears.

    When I finally managed to get the door unlocked I pushed it open and slammed it shut, finally in the privacy of my room I slid down the door and finally gave up trying to hold back the sobs. I sat with my head on my knees as the memories finally hit me hard.

    I remembered the first time that I officially met the charming boy that changed my life, the one that changed it from bad to good to even worse than it was in the beginning.

    I remembered the feeling of elation I felt that day when the best-looking, most popular boy in the school talked to me.

    I remembered the first time Chase Wilson used his irresistible charm on me.

    The bell rung signalling the end of the day’s lessons, I stuffed my books into my bag glad that math’s was finally over.

    I got up without looking up and bumped into something hard and nearly fell backwards, but a pair of strong arms caught me around the waist and stopped me from falling.

    “Whoa,” said a deep male voice as the pair of arms steadied me.

    I looked up to see a pair of dazzling green eyes, I took a step backwards to get a better look at who these eyes belonged to; it was Chase Sandler, the most popular and best looking guy in my school.

     I blushed at how close I was to him; he smiled down at me then as if suddenly realizing that he was still holding on to my waist, let go of me.

    “I’m so sorry,” I said all nervous and quiet, he shook his head.

     “Oh, no, it wasn’t your fault, don’t apologize. It was me, I wasn’t looking at where I was going, I was looking down at my phone,” he said smiling and gesturing to the iPhone that was still in his left hand. I was impressed at his ability to catch me with that phone in his hand and not drop either the phone or me.

    “I should look up before I get up too,” I said shyly giving him a small smile; he returned it with another gorgeous smile of his.

    “Chase Sandler,” he said in his irresistible voice sticking out his right hand for me to shake.

    “I know,” I blurted out, he gave me an amused look, and then I realized how stupid I must have sounded and started blushing, “I mean, I’m Zeriella, call me Riella,” I said taking his hand and shaking it.

    He didn’t let go of my hand for a while, and held on a bit longer than was necessary, when he did let go, my palm was tingling with the feeling of his warm hand.

    “Well then, I’ll see you around Riella,” he said still smiling.

    “Bye,” I said looking up at him, his emerald green eyes met my brown ones and I blushed again for no apparent reason, and at that moment, I was extremely thankful of my chocolate coloured skin that made it hard to see me blush.

    With that he winked at me, turned his back towards me and walked out of class leaving me standing there shocked by the fact that I actually had a conversation with Chase Wilson and confused about that wink.

    I was brought back to the present; that memory was from when I was so innocent and clueless. I can’t believe I fell for his charm.

    It was before I went through all the betrayal and hurt, before I found out the truth about so many people.

    I sat by the door sobbing with my head on my knees, with my tears flowing endlessly until I finally fell asleep on the hard floor curled up in a ball.

 A/N- :D Hope you liked it!

Vote and leave a comment, your reviews mean a lot to me and contructive criticism is always appreciated :)