Chapter 39: Gail's sacrifice

North Pole
" The guardians arrived and Bunnymund place Gail in the bed beside Jack. Jack is talking to his sleep. " Jack: G-Gail.. I-I love you.. Everything.. Will be a-alright.. ( Talk sleepily ) Tooth: ( Blush ) Jack really loves Gail huh? Bunny: So much.

Jack's POV
" I woke up in the deep sleep and tried to sit but groaning escapes my lips. " Jack: Ah! Tooth: Careful Jack, you're in a terrible pain. Jack: H-How long did I sleep? " I asked and turn my head to see Gail. " Jack: Gail! ( Holds Gail ) W-what happen?! Why she's unconscious?! " I saw her shoulder wrapped in bandages and bruises all over her body. I tried to think back of what had happened but memories of me gets stabbed flashes through my mind. I remembered she kissed me. I reached my lips. " Jack: This is all my fault. I could've done this, she won't be so hurt.

" Jack sits but fell back down miserably because of the serious pain in his stomach. He lifted his hoodie and look at his pale skin. He tries to sit again but this time, ignoring the pain and get on with it. " Jack: G-Gail.. ( Whispers to Gail ) Wake up.. Please.. I need you.. Our baby needs you.. She doesn't react.. She can't be dead.. Tooth: Jack, I'm sorry.. I'm afraid to say this to you. Jack: What do you mean? ( Start tears drop ) Tooth: I'd already checked her pulse and I'm afraid to say.. She's dead.. Jack: No.. She can't be dead.. She needs to live.. Tooth: I'm sorry Jack but.. This is her end.. ( Went out ) Jack: No.. No! ( Hugged her tight with tears ) Gail! ( Cry ) ( Groan ) Jack: No! ( Cry ) Gail: ( Woke up ) J-Jack.. Jack: Gail.. You're alive.. Gail: Of course.. I can't leave my boyfriend here alone. Jack: ( Tears drop and hugged Gail ) I thought I would lose you for good. Gail: Jack.. You know, I can fight and still strong to fight whatever happens. Jack: Are you even hurt? Gail: I'm good really. Jack: What did Pitch did to you? " Gail shows of her bruises to Jack. Gail wasn't sure how to end Isabel, Dark Jack and Vanessa. " Jack: Lift your shirt and let me see. Gail: ( Blush in shocked ) No.. Jack: Yes.. Gail: No! Jack: Let me see what happened! Gail: Jack, is not that of a big deal. Do you think you're being overprotective? The fight is over and I'm still alive. Jack: Gail, I don't want to see you like this. If I were there, you probably wouldn't get hurt. Gail: ( Shocked by his words ) Are you saying I'm not strong enough? Jack: No, I'm saying that you could have been protected if I were there. Gail: Jack, I know you're older than me but.. I can protect myself and for your information, I killed Pitch. " There was a big silence until Jack spoke. " Jack: I'm sorry Gail.. I just.. Want you to be okay.. Gail: Well, I'm fine and.. I'm sorry too. " There was a comfortable silence that filled the room and slowly both kissed lip to lip but the guardians broke that and went in the room. "

Gail's POV
Tooth: You guys are ok! " Tooth yelled and crushed into me. North did the same thing to Jack. We both yelled out identical " Ow! " sound in pain so they can know when to let go. "

Bunny: Give them some space. Jack: So.. How long do we sleep? Tooth: About.. 3 days. " Sandy started jumping around with a picture above his head. At first, Gail was confused but then figured what Sandy wanted. He says to tell them how she defeated Pitch and she told them. At the beginning, she was laughing in telling them what happened. She told the guardians about Pitch, the nightmares and black sand on how she got injuries, bruises. The story ended and the guardians were surprised with Gail and told them she found her center. " Santa: Wow! Tooth: Gail, you're natural! Sandy: ( Clap ) Jack: That's my snowflake! " Gail blushed so hard. " Gail: Thanks guys.. Jack: ( Walk towards Gail ) ( Holds Gail in the cheek ) Gail.. You're turning me upside down because I don't know you can fight Pitch. I love you. Gail: I love you too Jack. Jack: ( Kiss Gail ) Harry: Do we miss something? Gail: Harry! ( Run towards and hugged Harry ) Harry: ( Hugged Gail back ) Gail: How did you guys know I'm here? Louis: ( Point to Santa ) Gail: North.. Santa: Your friends upset for you so I decide that as your surprise. Gail: Thank you. Louis: And don't forget Gail. Gail: Huh? Louis: Its your wedding tomorrow with Jack! Gail: Really?! Harry: Yep and your wedding gown is ready. Gail: Thanks you guys. Tooth: We should go to sleep and tomorrow a big day. Harry: Yes and we're going to sleep with you guys tonight. Gail: Ok.. Let's go.. " The guardians rides the sleigh with Gail's friends and go home. The night came and they went to their rooms to sleep. Gail's friends sleep at the living room because the guardians don't have enough rooms. Tomorrow will be their big day. "