[Redolent] Chapter 1: She was

The frigid night swirled like a dense fog, settling light ashes on icy ground. Shafts of moonlight penetrated the aura of ominous foreboding, illuminating the path of a figure winding it's way through the darkness.

She twirled on her toes and smiled at her dismal surroundings. No casuistry thoughts flooded her mind as her knee-high leather boots slapped against the wet asphalt. Droplets after droplets fell from the sky, splattering in a halo around her. She flexed her hands as the muscles protested in their finger-less gloves. The short cropped leather top fitted tightly across her chest and the mini-skirt pressed against her legs. As seductive as death himself. Dark rivulets of midnight's tears fell into her open mouth as her pale face turned to reflect the soft moonlight. She licked her black lips in relish. Lapping up the taste of warm, pulsating life. The taste of decrepit rust, mixed with the sharp saline and heavy density. Her esurient expression flooding her pixie like figures, distorted with hunger. She appeared innocuous, under a guise of perfect mannerisms.

The perfect hunter. Everything, from her smile to her aesthetics were entrancing. Her prey fell into her arms welcomingly. Death was her constant companion, and walking in strides with her like a lover. Bodies upon bodies lay in her wake, her silver dagger at her belt, swathed in the rain that surrounded her. The burgundy river trailed like a ribbon behind her.

She was Redolent.