[Redolent] Chapter 2: Scream My Name

She was amidst a crowd, the lights blazing behind her, lighting up the courtyard like a personal stage. The fire licked the edges of every building, their tongues lapping up the decrepit wood in an raging inferno. Screams filled the air, sharp piercing notes that beat against her ear. Sweet, sweet music. A smile played on her bloody lips.

"Calamity."

Her companion stepped out of the shadows behind her. Redolent's smile dropped at her expression. She wasn't smiling, her pale, porcelain face was clearly appathetic. Redolent smirked, "Enjoying it?" Calamity gave a small tilt of her head, her icy beryl hair bobbing slightly with the motion.

"Do it now. Destroy it all.," Redolent commanded. Calamity's eyes flashed she strolled forward. The crowd parted before her like the splitting of the seas. A breeze swirled through the town, it's tendrils pulled at the collar of her white coat. She raised one hand and snapped her fingers. The sound rebounded off of every edifice, ricocheting into the crisp night air. And all at once, destruction began. Boulders tumbled off the precipice hanging over the town. They dropped like bombs over the entire town. Buildings fell like splintering trees. From the shoreline rose enormous waves, their grasping hands bringing unwilling sacrifices back into it's stormy depths.

"Why are you doing this!" a voice rose over the chaos. Redolent froze, turning her head slowly to fix her burning red gaze into the young boy's.

"It's what we do," Calamity responded.

"What? Killing innocent people?" the boy roared.

"No human is innocent," Redolent snapped. An expression of shock rippled across her face as though she herself, didn't know where those words had come from.

"You're human!" another boy cried.

Redolent merely laughed at the statement. She threw back her head and let the laughter pour out of her, her smile wider than ever.

"Are we?" Her finger pointed straight at him in an accusatory gesture. Her fingers balled into a fist, her whole arm was covered in a slick, metallic black metal in the shape of a lithe sword. She rushed towards the boy and felt the metal slide through his body. His boy began collapsing, but she wound her arms around him, like they were embracing. Like they were lovers. His blood gushed over her body and she leaned towards his ear,

"We're curing the world of your sickening kind." She let him drop to the ground. The life bleeding out of him.

She strutted away, walking towards the crowd. Their eyes were wide with terror as she approached, the crowd churned as people fought to stay inside it's protective borders.

She turned the power of her gaze on them and saw their will deteriorate.

You are mine.

She had them begging. Begging for death. They wanted it. They wanted her. Their eyes were wide, their gazes slack and blank and yet fixated on her. The attention was a drug. She leaned in closer, her lips at their throats.

Your lives belong to me.

She pulled the other boy from the crowd and smiled disarmingly at him.

It's okay.

Her eyes bored into his.

Trust me.

He tried to pull away.

It'll be painless.

Her lips molded against his, their breath mingling in the night air. She wound her fingers through his blonde hair and pushed him against herself. Breathing in she felt his soul loosen, the iron will to protect his freedom had fallen the second she lay her eyes on him. His essence tasted sweet, but bitter, almost like chocolate. Hopelessness flooded through her, quickly overwhelmed by the sickening sweetness of her poison. She felt the body slacken and she dropped him. Dead.

Delicious.

She licked her lips, and beckoned for the next person to come towards her, ready for the real fun to begin. No death would be as easy as those. Welcoming each one like a lover, she tortured them until they gave themselves up.

I'll make you scream my name.