Confusion

My mind was whirling in a storm of emotions and confusion. His lips were pressed against mine, our breath mingling in the cold night air. I could feel his arm sneaking across my shoulders and my hand moved against my will to entangle my fingers in his hair. There was no space between our bodies as I pressed against him.

But suddenly reality came flooding back like a landslide.

He was Naomi's boyfriend.

He was my best friend.

He was unattainable. He wasn't mine to love.

All the feelings I'd tried to keep out were flooding out uncontrollably.

My hand whipped across his face as I pulled back. I pushed him away harshly, wiping away at my mouth as if I could clear any sense of guilt from my conscience.

"Keira... I'm so..." he began, his eyes wide with shock.

But I said nothing, merely turning away rigidly and running back through my window.

I slammed it close after me, not caring if the sound woke others to my distress.

My knuckles were white in the darkness as I pressed down on the lock with all my strength. Blood trickled through my fingers as the thin iron rail dug into my palm.

I rolled into bed, scared at what I had done.

I had crossed all boundaries in 5 minutes. I was the one who tried to set up walls, but in the end, I as the one who was knocking them down.