Chapter 21

Tyler's POV:

No... No... No... I sit there dumbfounded and hurt, I was getting a million messages of hate from twitter, tumblr, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and even vine. My computer was being blown up, but I just kept reading one sentence over and over again.

Mr. Franta was shot by a man (Tyler Oakley) three days ago in Mr. Oakley's home.

It was a news summary of how Connor died. I didn't want my fans to know this, at least not yet. I wanted to tell them, explain and hopefully keep them from purely hating me.

"Tyler go to bed," I hear Troye mumble and I just continue to sit there and stare at that damn sentence. Troye grunts as he pulls himself up to look at the computer screen and what was keeping me from going to sleep.

"Shit Ty, it's okay. You're going to be okay, I promise," Troye says trying to comfort me, but nothing was going to work. I felt the tears forming in my eyes and falling down my face.

"They hate me, every one of them. How do I even begin to explain to them what happened..."

"Ty, look at me," Troye uses his fingers to pull my chin up, which forced me to make eye contact. "You have to tell them everything..."

"Everything? But Troye... The people closest to me don't even know the whole truth. I've never told anyone..." Not my mom, not Korey, nobody knew everything, because I didn't want them to know it all. I don't want them to think I'm such a messed up excuse of a human.

"Well, you can start by telling me. Pretend I'm the camera, recording?"

"Recording." I close my eyes and take a couple of deep breaths trying to steady my beating heart.

"I know you know about what happened. I'm just going to be straight forward about this because... Y'all need to hear this and I can't stand to talk about it for too long. This whole thing was a huge accident, so please stop telling me that I killed my best friend on purpose. I would never ever think or do that, but the only reason Connor is..." I look past Troye at the wall, trying to regain my composure. "Dead is because I tried to kill myself. Looking back it was stupid... To understand why I turned to suicide, you need to know what happened in the past. When I was younger I didn't take the hate very well, I always knew I was different but nobody at my school accepted me. I was fourteen when I couldn't take the bullying anymore and I came to the conclusion the best way out of this was to kill myself. I tried to overdose, but my mom walked in and saved me. I refused to tell her about the bullying... So she sent me to a new school where I meet Korey. When I was nineteen and in college I tried again, but this time with a knife to the stomach. Before I could do anything my roommate came in and stopped me. He told my mom and I was sent to one of those camps for depressed kids and I got better. I mean I was happy and I had learned to accept myself and ignore the hate. But because of recent events, I felt the need to go away. Permanently, but the gun misfired and when it did fire it hit Connor, who was walking in. I held him as he died, so stop telling me I have no emotions! I held my best friend as he bleed out because of my doing. I watched him die and I'm not okay." After that I broke down, again. The tears just came out and weren't stopping. Troye wrapped his arms around me and he forced me to lay down.

"Shhhhh, I got you. Just sleep." And that is what I did.

Zoe's POV:

We all sit around the dining room table and listen to Troye about what happened last night with Tyler.

"Hush," I say sharper then what I meant to, because Tyler has just came down stairs. I give Troye a I'm sorry look and he just smiles a little.

"So, who is going to wake Ricky up?" Kian asked.

"I will," I say as I stand up and fast walk up the stairs and down the hall. I knock on Ricky's door softly, then creep the door open. I find the bed empty and my heart receives a sharp ache as I realize where he probably was, Connor's room.

"Ricky? Are you in there?" I say through the door and when I get no response I open the door. I find Ricky laying in Connor's bed snoring and drooling on a pillow. I sit down beside him and shake his shoulder a little.

"Come on Ricky you have to get up..."

"Why?" He mumbles as he is slowly becoming aware of his surroundings.

"We have to go to the funeral home, remember?"

"Yeah, I was just hoping this was all a bad dream. This is reality and it sucks without him," he says through the tears.

"Oh Ricky, it will get better. And you will always have us, I'm just a phone call away or a twelve hour plane ride." I wrap him into a hug.

"Thanks Zoe... You remind me of him. Both kind, compassionate, loving, selfless, and just utterly perfect."

"Ricky, I'm not perfect but Connor was. We will see him again... Now you have to get ready."

"Okay." He says and he leaves the room. I sit on his bed and grab the pillow Ricky didn't drool on. I bury my head in it and let my body be taken over with by sobs.

Author's Note:

Soooooo the funeral is about to happen... Time for the haters to get a reality check and the fans to get their shining moment. It's going to be sad and cute... Is that possible?

I'm going to shut up now... I'm tired, but y'all are probably going to hate me by chapter 26? Guess what is going to happen!

Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting!

Follow me on Twitter & Tumblr - @shipperfection

YouTube Channel - Kara Kalina Alyssa ADED

SEE YOU GUYS MONDAY! *winks* Byeeeeeeeee *cool music plays*