Chapter 10

Kian’s POV:

“I’ll go...”

I pick my head up off of JC’s shoulder and stand up. He pats me on the back, but won’t look at me. The tears are already running down my face. Everyone watches me as I go into the room that Connor’s lifeless body is in. The doctor kindly holds the door open for me and closes it as soon as I’m in the room. The walls are gray, the floor is gray, the cover is gray, and Connor is a bright white. My head tells me no, but my feet lead me to the table that holds Connor. I grab ahold of his hand for support, but I know that I won’t find any support here anymore.

“Connor... I don’t know where to start. You are perfect and I don’t know how I can possible go back to that house, because it will be a constant reminder of you. Without your booming laugh filling the house it is empty. I’m going to miss you so much...”

I squeeze his hand to signify my leaving and all I’m hoping for is a squeeze back. But, it will never come no matter how long I wait.

Sam’s POV:

I just keep staring at my black toms and crying. Why did I have to wear these shoes? Just the sight of them reminds me of Connor, because that boy was crazy for toms. Shortly after Kian went into the room he came out. He strides across the room to the wall opposite of us. He plops down and holds his head with his hands. Like all of us, he is crying. I know what is going to happen next.

“Sam?” The doctor says in a way of a question.

I sigh and slowly walk myself towards the door. Connor and I had never been super super close, but he was still like a brother to me. Of all the other members he was the easiest going and was always willing to listen. He knew all the secrets his friends had, because we trusted him. As the door shuts, I’m surrounded by the silence in the room. It only takes me five steps to reach Connor.

“I-I don’t want to believe that you are gone. I can’t stop thinking of how you were always  smiling and how you wanted to travel the world. Connor... Nothing I can say will you bring back, but man thanks for keeping my secrets. Like you said before, ‘I’ll carry them with me forever.’ I’m going to miss you.... A lot.”

I pat his cold upper arm and turn around to walk away. I’m waiting for him to stop me and smile one last time at me, but once someone dies there is no hope of them returning. 

JC’s POV:

Kian is still crying into his hands and Sam looks as if he has seen a ghost. He just returns to his seat and stare at his shoes, not even bothering to wipe away the tears. I don’t want to see Connor like this, I want to remember him as the energetic, cute person he was. But, I can’t not see him. So with a sigh I head towards the door.

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to.” The doctor tells me as the door is opening.

“I have to...”

He looks so innocent, like a child sleeping. I wish he was just sleeping.

“Hey Connor...” I let out a sob before I continue. “Why you... You didn’t deserve this. Please Connor just let me wake up and all of this be a horrible dream.”

I stand there looking at his face waiting for a response from him.

“Sadly this is not a dream. You will never wake up and I’ll have to go back to reality... Without you. God Connor, I’m going to miss you more then you will ever know.”

I slowly make my way to the door, but with one hand on the door I remember one last thing I need to say.

“Thanks for keeping my crush on Kian a secret and for always being there to talk.”