Chapter 11

Jackie’s POV:

Tonight was a good night, which was a rare occurrence. I wasn’t even going to go out, but  I decided that I had a life and I deserved to get out of the house every once in a while. It was ten o’clock when I finally gracefully fell down onto the couch in the living room. Boy was I exhausted, but I thought it wouldn’t hurt for me to check my phone before going to bed. I noticed that I had a miss call from Tyler, oh Jackie you never miss his calls. Ugh, hopefully he didn’t freak out and think something was wrong. Tyler had left me a voicemail, which was probably going to tell me that he was calling to check in on me. He was too sweet for his own good, I still cling to the hope that I can keep him safe. I put my phone on speaker phone as I go into the kitchen to get a glass of water. His words shatter my heart and I feel like the worst mother in the world.

“Mom, it’s Tyler. There was an accident, I’ll explain everything later. I’m in jail and need to you come and get me. I love you and I’m so sorry. Just call my phone, my officer will have it. His name is Jim. I’m sorry for disappointing you.”

I dropped the glass of water, which shattered at my feet. I ran for the phone and called him. How could I have missed this important of a call? The phone just kept ringing and the longer it went on the more tears fell out of my eyes. Finally someone answered and I sighed a sigh of relief.

“Hello, um is this Tyler’s mom?”

“Y-yes, is this Jim?”

“Yes it is. Ma’am your son is in some deep trouble.” My heart shattered, is this why Tyler had told me sorry because he thought he had disappointed me? What had he done to get him in jail?

“What happened?”

“Ma’am your son tried to commit suicide.” Oh God not my baby Tyler. I thought he was better and he promised me to never try again. The sobs escaped my lips, mostly because Tyler thought I would be disappointed in him for trying. There is nothing in the world that he could do to make me disappointed in him.

“Are you okay?”

“Just a little shocked and upset at myself.”

“Ma’am I don’t believe that this is your fault. The worst part is the gun misfired and Tyler hit it trying to make it work again. It then went off and hit a young boy named Connor whom we believe was coming over to visit.”

“Jim are you telling me that my son is a murderer?”

“No ma’am. It has been ruled an accident...”

“THEN WHY IN THE HELL IS HE IN JAIL!?” I cut him off because Tyler could and wouldn’t be able to handle jail. He was too small and out there to avoid issues with the others.

“Because he attempted suicide he is not allowed to leave. Not until an adult over the age of eighteen and with your permission comes and picks him up.”

“Okay, I’ll get a hold of someone soon.”

“I’m sorry ma’am, but I’m trying to help.”

“I know you are and thank you. I have to go now.” I hung up before hearing him say goodbye. Think Jackie who is there that would be willing to go and get him after such a horrific accident?

Troye’s POV:

Connor’s parents weren’t doing good. Hell, none of us were. How do you take the news that your best friend/son was shot by his best friend? I don’t know, but I need fresh air, like now. I get up out of the chair and do a half sprint half walk to the elevator. I then head for the revolving door and take in a long breath of fresh air. I find a bench nearby where I just sit and watch the traffic going by. How could those people be so unaware of the pain happening here at this moment? My thoughts were interrupted by my phone vibrating in my pocket. Who would be calling me right now? The name sends a shiver down my back and a horrible thought into my head. The caller id said ‘Queen Jackie’ and I jump to the conclusion he did it. Tyler committed suicide.

“Please tell me he is okay!?” I blurt into the phone before she even had a chance to speak.

“Troye... Tyler is in jail and they won’t let him out without someone getting him. It would take me a day or two to get out there and we both know Tyler will not make it long in jail. Please Troye... I would hate myself if something happened to him.” I hear her crying through the phone and knew what I had to do.

“Shh shhh, I’ll go get him for you.”

“Thank you so much Troye, I’ll never be able to thank you enough. My flight leaves tomorrow morning.” I quickly say goodbye and hold my head in my heads. How could I face Tyler again after what he had done to me? I instantly touch my bruised ribs and rub my hand gently over my stomach, arms, and face where all the bruises were that he had left on me. I can do this... Or can I?

Author's Note:

Writers block will be the death of me! But other then that, how do you feel about this chapter? I had something important to say, but I totally forgot! Next update will be Wednesday and something big is going to happen in chapter 12. 

Side note - Can we please discuss how amazing 5SOS was last night on the BBMAs!? I'm super happy for them, but I kinda don't want them to go mainstream...