Chapter 9

Ricky’s POV:

He is gone. No. Please God no. Not him, not my beloved Connor. Why? I loved him and now he is gone with my heart. The guys are trying to be supportive but they can’t handle it either right now. Baby Trevor has been a blessing, he just holds me as my tears keep coming. Connor was my everything. I can’t function or live without him. It’s only us, Connor’s parents are on their way here, so is Troye, Zoe, and Alfie. 

Time goes by but I still can’t think of a world with Connor not in it. I glance at the trio as they walk in with Kian. They see the mess of humans in front of them and they start to break down, too. Zoe went down first, she was too kind hearted for her own good. Alfie held her as she silently cried into his chest, this sent a jolt of pain to my chest. The thought of me never being able to hold Connor again crept into my mind. I choke out a sob and Trevor rubs his hand up and down my back attempting to comfort me. The sounds of gasping makes me focus my eyes on little Troye. He is shaking and in total shock... Like I was. Surprisingly I feel my legs support me as I stand to go to him. Kian sees me and takes my spot by Trevor, JC, and Sam. As I wrap my arms around him he breaks down.

“IT’S ALL MY FAULT,” he shouts into my chest. 

“No it is not,” I squeak out barely forming words.

“If I wouldn’t have asked him to go to Tyler’s this would never have happened to him... I’m a horrible person. I got my best friend killed.” He loses it after the last sentence and starts to sob. The boys behind me try to contain their sobs and so do Zoe and Alfie. I finally can’t hold it in and lay my head into Troye’s neck and sob with him. We stand there for the longest, neither of us want to stop crying or go back to reality without Connor. If a complete stranger was to walk in they would see a group of kids crying. Trevor holds his knees to his chest rocking back and forth in the chair with a blank, tear filled stare. Sam just looks down at the ground not even bothering to wipe his tears away. Kian has his head on JC’s shoulder and is curled into a ball trying to hide his crying. JC has his eyes closed and holds his hands together to try and stop them from shaking. Alfie is holding a crying Zoe, while he has tears running down his face, too. Troye and I just hold each other crying over the loss of a best friend and one true love. We all glance at the door when we hear a knock that asks us if he or she may come in.

“Y-yes...” Alfie says at the door after getting slight head nods from us.

“I’m the on staff doctor for the day and wanted to come in to speak with you. I know you have lost someone very dear to you. The death of Mr.Connor is very tragic and horrific. If any of you would like to see him, before he is sent to the funeral home I will allow you to now. You must go in one by one and each get two minutes... to say goodbye. So, who wants to go first?”

Tyler’s POV:

I sit on the bed just trying to stop my self from shaking and trying to figure out what I’m going to say to Ricky. The guy in the cell with me looks to be over six foot tall and out weighs me by a lot. He keeps staring, but I just look at my hands and try to contain my tears. Is Connor dead or is he alive? Please heavenly father do not let me have killed that amazing person. My life is a wreck right now.

The guard comes to the cell and tells me to come with him. I gladly leave my cell mate behind and follow Jim to the same room I was in a little over an hour ago. He hands me my phone and tells me to try that person again. Quickly unlocking my phone I call Ricky. He answers and at the mention of Connor, I break down. I beg Ricky to not hate me and then tell him what I did to Connor. I yell at him to go to him, because I couldn’t and for him to not hate me. After telling him I hear him sob and sounds like he punched something. I hear the other boys come running and someone picks up the phone.

“Hello, who is this?” I recognized the voice to be Trevor’s.

“It’s Tyler.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Look Trevor, I don’t have much time. There was an accident and Connor was shot in the stomach. I think he might be dead and I need you guys to go to the hospital closet to my house. Please hurry I have to go and I’m so sorry.”

I hang up the phone and lay my head on the table and cry. Jim just sits silently on the other side of the table. 

“Ummm, Tyler you may need to call your mom or someone so they can come and get you.”

“Yeah...” I say as I unlock my phone again and speed dial my mom. Sadly she doesn’t answer so I leave her a voicemail.

“Mom, it’s Tyler. There was an accident, I’ll explain everything later. I’m in jail and need to you come and get me. I love you and I’m so sorry. Just call my phone, my officer will have it. His name is Jim. I’m sorry for disappointing you.” 

I end the phone call and hand my iphone over to Jim.

“When she calls I’ll help her get you out as soon as possible. It was an accident, don’t beat yourself up too bad. Okay?”

“Okay and thank you for everything.”

“Not all cops are assholes,” he tells me as he leads me back to the small cell that I will be staying in till my mom can get out here. 

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for not updating yesterday! I got so many messages asking me to update. You may not know but I'm writing this as I go, it's not done. I'm also very hard on my writing and I never think it is good enough, so when I get nice comments it makes my day. So thank you to everyone reading and voting/commenting. LOVE YOU GUYS!

This story is almost to 600 reads! WHAT? When it gets to 1,000 total reads I'm going to post two or three  chapters in one day. Yet again thank you so much for reading!

Follow me on twitter - @shipperfection