Chapter 17

JC’s POV:

I hadn’t realized how hungry I was until Kian handed me a box of chicken nuggets and some fries. The coffee helped keep my eyes open, which was becoming very difficult before. We have been here for over five hours, ever since we got the phone call. I would stay here forever if it meant that Connor would come walking out of that room smiling. I’m still in shock, neither of his parents are talking and they are in a different room then us. Ever since Tyler had gotten here the atmosphere in the room was tense. Particularly I was mad at him, but I’m trying to accept the fact it was an accident and he didn’t mean it. When Kian came into the room and saw him I knew instantly that Kian hated him. Being his best friend and having a major crush on him over the past couple of years helps you pick up on the details of a person. Overall, I would stand beside Kian, because he had my heart and I didn’t want it back. 

We are such a weird looking group, I mean just think about it. Eight teenagers and young adults who have been crying for over five hours, it is not a pretty sight. None of us have left yet, because we don’t know what to do. Where do we go? What do we do? How do we leave him behind?

There was four chairs along the wall adjacent from the door and a small couch across from the chairs. Trevor and Ricky sit on one side of the couch and Zoe and Alfie sit on the other. Ricky just continues to silently cry into Trevor’s tear soaked t-shirt, but Trevor doesn’t mind. Zoe sits on Alfie’s lap laying her head on his shoulder and is wrapped up tightly within his arms, holding her like she could be taken away from him any moment. Tyler and Troye sit on the floor with their backs up against the wall. Sam, Kian, and I sit in the chairs. We all just remain silently, because nobody has words to offer that could make sense of all that has happened. The silence is broken by someone knocking on the door. Troye picks himself off of the ground to answer the door. He opens the door for a nurse to come in after checking to see who it was. 

“I’m so sorry for your lose. But, we need you to leave the grounds. The funeral home the family has selected is coming to get Mr.Franta’s body and don’t need anyone here to get in the way. There is nothing more we can do to help you, I’m sorry.” After finishing what she had come here to do, she left without another word.

“What do we do?” Sam asked the group, searching for an answer to a question we all were asking ourselves.

“I guess we have to leave...” Trevor whispers.

“We need to find a hotel to stay at,” Alfie goes to say, but is cut off by Ricky.

“No.”

“Ricky, we need to find a place to stay...” Zoe says with a softness in her voice that somewhat comforts me, because it is so mother-like.

“You can stay at the O2L house, that is what he would’ve wanted,” Ricky says the last part with a defeated tone that lacked hope.

“Yeah, I think it is best that we stay as a group. It’s just easier, on me at least,” I say.

“Okay... let’s go home?” Kian asks questioningly.

We walk as a group to the elevator and all get in. The fresh air feels so good, but it makes me realize that Connor will never get to take a deep breath or walk or speak again. It is stupid of me to think that this was all a dream. I feel the tears running down my face and don’t have enough energy to wipe them away. All of a sudden Kian is beside me and grabs my hand leading me towards the car. He keeps a hold of my hand like it is the only thing that is keeping him from falling apart, too.

Zoe’s POV:

A part of me wanted to stay at the hospital, but the reasonable side told me to leave, because no matter how long I waited he was not coming back to life. I don’t know what I would do without Alfie, he has been here for me and I could never think him enough. As we walk outside we stop under the pavilion realizing we have to separate to get everyone to the O2L house. 

“Um, I guess we can take the rental car,” I say nodding towards Alfie, Tyler, and Troye, “to the house...”

“Okay, I’ll drive. You can follow me,” Kian says. 

We then break up into two different groups. The rest of the O2L gang heading towards Ricky’s car, which he had finally gotten back, and then us towards the rental car. Alfie got in the driver’s seat, I got in the passenger’s seat, and Tyler and Troye got in the back.

“They hate me,” I hear Tyler say before being taken over by tears and sobs.

“Tyler, they don’t hate you. You are still our friend and one of my best friends. Do not blame yourself for this, it was an accident. It will take time for them to fully understand and accept that, but I promise you that none of them hate you.”

“I meant to kill myself, not him.”

“Shhh, it’s okay Tilly. Everything is going to be okay,” Troye says to him as he wraps him into a hug and rubs his back.

“Alfie, Kian is waiting for us.”

“Oh, sorry,” he says as he backs out of the parking spot and pulls in behind Kian at the redlight. In a matter of seconds the lit turns green and we are on our way to the O2L house. This will be the first time I have ever been there, hopefully it is somewhat clean. But, we are talking about four teenage boys... It is probably filthy. I just keeping thinking of what the house will look like inside and outside to distract myself from the crying in the backseat and Connor’s death. 

Author’s Note:

Sorry it is sooooooo short! Next chapter will be better, I promise. Just to clear up who ‘hates’ or is still friends with Tyler: Kian and JC ‘hate’ him and Trevor and Zoe are still his friend. Comment whether Alfie or Sam ‘hate’ him or are still his friend, whoever has the most votes for each side will be what happens. If nobody comments... then I’ll just stick to my plan. Make sure to comment before 9o'clock Tuesday Central Time - Arkansas.

Thank you so much for reading, voting, and commenting! This chapter is dedicated to CheesyMCOakley for leaving a sweet comment and voting!<3

Follow me on Twitter & Tumblr - @shipperfection

My YouTube Channel Name - Kara Kalina Alyssa ADED

See ya Wednesdays my lovely readers! Love you guys, as much as I love Nutella! Almost:)