21- battle scars♡

Millie's POV:

It was a Wednesday morning, I opened my curtains and rain was pouring down, patting on the window. Rain isn't regular in LA, so when it is rainy people tend to like it, but when your from London, your sick of rain because it happens all the time.

A long sigh escaped my lips as I walked in the bathroom and got in the shower. After the shower I did my hair, then got dressed and put a little makeup on. I put my things in my school bag and walked downstairs, to see my big brother sat on the chair.

"Oh my gosh! Charlie!!" I cheer. (Charlie Heaton, but in this he's called Charlie Brown)

"Millie!" He cheered back and hugged me.

"When did you get home?!" I ask.

"This morning." He smiled.

"Oh gosh! I missed you!" I smile, hugging him again.

"I missed you too." He said. "It's raining a lot, so need a ride to school?"

"If you don't mind." I said.

"Of course I don't mind." He said.

I put my coat on and grabbed a granola bar. I walked outside and got in Charlie's car, as we passed we seen Joe and Finn getting in Joes car.

"Who's the curly haired kid?" Charlie asked.

"Oh, that's my friend, Finn. The Keery's adopted him a few days ago." I explained.

"Oh, okay." He said.

We arrived at school, I thanked Charlie and Finn and Joe got out of Joes car. Joe walked off to his friends and I walked to Finn.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hi." He said.

"This weather is awful." I said.

"I like rain." He said.

"Well I don't." I said. "Anyways, Maddie and Grace are over there, see you later."

"Bye, Millie." He said, walking to his friends.

I walked up to Grace and Maddie and we walked to class.

"So, you and Finn. Are you okay now?" Grace asked.

"Yeah, we talked through it yesterday." I said.

"Oh thank the lord!" Maddie said, patting her shoulders and head then pointing to the air.

-

It was lunch time and I was sat at the table with Maddie, Grace, Jack and Noah like always, when we seen Jacob and his friends walk up to Finns table.

"Shit." Jack said.

"Finn won't be scared, I bet he will stand up for himself." Noah said, right after he said that Finn stood up and looked right at Jacob.

We all walked over and joined their table to see what was happening.

"So now your dating Millie, huh?" Jacob said to him.

"No?" Finn said. "And even if I was what does that matter to you? You can't want her that much if you cheated on her."

"Millie is a slut, that's the way she works. She will act like she's your friend, just to fuck with your feelings, then she will leave." Jacob said, pushing Finns chest. "I bet you have caught feelings for her already haven't you, that's why your with her every day."

"First off, get your alien hands off me, second, you don't know what your talking about. Your acting tough in front of your friends but we all know who got beaten up outside of the store, don't we Jacob." Finn said.

I seen Joe and his friends watching from the other end of the cafeteria, obviously looking out for his new little brother.

"I won't hesitate to beat your ass, Wolfhard." Jacob said, pushing him into me.

"Ouch!" I said.

Right before my eyes, Finn had Jacob on the floor as they fought. Everyone was surrounding. Finn punched Jacob in the face as Jacob kicked him, Finn got the most hits before the teachers pulled them off each other.

-

It was PE now, I didn't want to do PE as I am really insecure, PE is something I've always feared. I was pressed up against the wall of the corridor as a few tears fell down my face.

I heard footsteps so I tried to hide but it was no use.

"Millie?" I heard Finn say.

"What's up?" I ask.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"You'd think it was stupid if I told you." I sniffled, wiping my tears.

"You can try." He lightly smiled.

"I have PE, I hate it because, I-I'm really insecure about everything. I feel horrible when I'm stood with all the other girls and they're all so pretty and I'm so ugly and they are so skinny and I'm so fat. I'm sorry it's so stupid." I said, more tears falling.

"Millie, we all have things we're scared of, or ashamed of, it's not stupid. And you say your ugly?" He laughed. "Millie, all the girls here look like they just rolled round in a pack of cheese puffs, they are bright orange. As cringe as this sounds Millie, you aren't ugly and your most definitely not fat. I don't know how you dare say that. I think your beautiful."

By now I was a blushing mess. I smiled lightly at him. "Thank you." I whispered. "What about you, what are you ashamed of?"

"Um..." he looked down.

"Finn, trust me." I said, he looked at me, then rolled his sleeves up, they had scars up them.

"I'm ashamed and insecure about those. They are pointless, it's just a mark that reminds me of all the bad which I can't get rid of." He explained.

"Think of them as battle scars, they show that your strong, that you've been through a tough battle but your still here, right now." I smiled, hugging him.