Chapter Thirty-Six

Landyn's Point of View

I begin to stir the pot of batter wondering what is taking Elly so long. As I stir the tan batter I feel an intense pain in my chest, I drop the bowl with a bang. It shatters spraying glass everywhere. I clutch my chest, running back to my room. I see the bathroom door is closed. I bang on the door, my body on fire.

"Elly!" I yell. I hear strangled sobs coming from inside, I kick the door and gasp at the sight before me. Celeste is sitting on the side of the tub while my beautiful mate was bleeding out in the white tub. The knife was stabbed in her chest. I run over to her, holding her in my arms.

"I'm so sorry!" Celeste yells. I run out with my mate in my arms.

"Help!" I yell. I run onto the hospital and they rush her into the emergency room. I run in to follow her, but they grab my arm.

"Please," the doctor begs me. I pace the waiting in room. Tears forming in my eyes. If she dies I will go with her. I don't care what she would want. I just need her. A nurse walks out of the room walking over to me.

"Is she alright?" I say panic settling into my tone.

"I don't know, she's stable for now, but..." I walk past her to my mate. When I see her frail body laying in the bed it nearly robs me of my breath. Her blonde hair is laying on the white pillow. Part of it is matted with blood, her own blood, her pale skin seems to have gotten paler from the loss of blood. I sit next to her taking her hand in mine. Her frail body only seems to be weaker. The heart monitor beeps slowly and an oxygen mask is strapped to her face.

"Why did you do this?" I ask tears falling from my eyes.

"It was to get their souls back." Celeste whispers. I turn my head my anger flaring.

"You did this to her!" I say standing up.

"You have to let her die." She whispers.

"Never!" I growl stalking over to her.

"You have to," she looks up a and I see the tears in her eyes.

"You don't get to cry!" I yell at her. "Your the reason she's dying!" My voice breaks and I turn back to look at her.

"Landyn this has to happen."

"You knew." I whisper.

"What?" She asks.

"You knew the whole time that she would die." She stays quiet. "You knew she was just going to be killed!"

"Landyn-"

"Just shut up!" I yell. Her eyes widen, but I don't care. "I don't care if you kill me anymore of powerful Goddess. I just don't care." She takes a deep breath, but says nothing. She disappears and I sit next to Elly. I taker her hand, pressing it to my cheek. "You can't die." I whisper. "You just can't."

Two stressful days later she still hasn't woken up. Her condition has stayed the same, which is good. I still haven't left her side. I hold her hand as the heart monitor beeps next to her. Suddenly her body lurches up.

"Elly!" I yell jumping up. She writhes on the bed, blood seeping from her chest, where she was stabbed. She screams and sobs. "Elly!" I yell again. The heart monitor beeps faster and she screams. Suddenly everything stops, the beeping stops, the screaming stops, Elly is gone.

•••

Another cliff-hanger? I'm so so sorry! A new update will be tomorrow! This is the of the last chapters of Killing My Mate! So comment, vote, and check out my other stories!