Chapter Two

Landyn's Point of View

She cowered against the wall. It hurt both me and my wolf to see her so afraid of us.

"Please don't kill me." She whimpers. As if I could kill her. Her soft blonde ringlets and her blue doe eyes already have my heart beating fast in my chest.

"I won't." I whisper. I pull her to my chest and hug her. She sobs for awhile before I feel her relax in my arms. I picked her up and see she had fallen asleep. I kiss her forehead lightly and walk out of her house. I'm glad it's nighttime, it will make it easier to sneak in with her. I walk slowly, as not to wake her. Halfway to the castle she stirs in her sleep. I look down at the sleeping angel in my arms. She turns so her head in buried in my chest and sighs. I smile softly at her waning to be nearer to me. When we be to the castle I sneak in the back way. I walk into my room undetected. I lay her down on my bed and sit next to her, watching her sleep. She rolls over holding my pillow. I smile and lean back in my chair. If anyone were to find her they would kill her to weaken me. I can never let that happen.

Elly's Point of View

I open my eyes and see I am not in my room. I stiffen and sit up quickly. The walls are a dark blue and the bed I am in is softer then my own. I turn and see Landyn sitting in a chair next to my bed. I screamed he jumps up, covering my mouth.

"Don't scream." He whispers. "You're not supposed to be here." He removes his hand and sits back down.

"Where is here?" I ask afraid to raise my voice above a whisper.

"The Whisper Ice pack house." I gasp and look around again.

"Why didn't you kill me?"

"I don't know." He answers honestly. "I can't."

"Maybe it's the Moon Goddess." I whisper.

"She abandoned us twenty years ago."

"Didn't the werewolves abandon her?"

"No," he growled. I cowered, tears filling my eyes.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I whispered.

"I'm sorry, I just got angry." I sniff looking up at his apologetic face.

"I'm so afraid." I admit.

"I know, but if I left you in your house, someone might find you."

"If you don't kill me, what will happen?"

"We'll be mates, forever."

"No, what will happen to you, will they hurt you?"

"No, if anything they will hurt you. I won't let them hurt you Elly." He grabs my hand and wipes away my tears. "I won't let them." He whispers. I begin to sob. I'm so scared, and I don't know what to do. Do I trust Landyn? He sits in the bed next to me and cradles me in his arms. He rocks me back and forth, calming me down. When I finally stop crying my eyes begin to droop. "Go to sleep my angel." He whispers. I slowly fall asleep in his arms.