Chapter Eight

Elly's Point Of View
I kept my eyes closed, waiting. I felt a slight burning in my body and I gasped. My eyes shot open and I seemed to lost control of my body.
"I will give you three seconds to get off me!" I said, but it want really me. My voice was lower and dripping with power. The wolf pulled back confused, but didn't move. "I warned you." My eyes narrowed and with a burst of power the wolf was thrown off me. The wolf hit a tree and yelped in pain. I stood up and brushed myself off. I was watching what was happening through my eyes, but it was like I was pushed out of the way and had no control. The wolf crouched, readying itself for another attack. I growled and stood up taller. "I gave you your chance, pup!" I yell. I feel the agony of my bones breaking and I found myself on four paws. I scream, but of course no sound came out. I looked down at my almost glowing light blue paws. I looked back up and I saw he wolf looking at me with wide eyes. I snarl and he raises his head narrowing his eyes at me. He lowered his body to the ground, getting ready to pounce at me. I jump forward before he could and bit his neck. I heard the snap and his body went limp in my hold. I dropped him and felt myself shift back. I feel to the ground exhausted. My chest rose and fell in time with my harsh breathing. I scrambled to my feet with wide eyes.
"Elly," a ghostly voice said. I look up and see the Moon Goddess looking down at me.
"What happened?" I yell.
"Lower your voice," she murmurs. "I took over your body and shifted to protect you." She gave me a smile. "My wolf, is now your wolf too." She said smiling.
Hello Elly. A voice said in my head. I yelp and jump, gasping.
"Who are you?"
I am Eden, Celeste's wolf. And now yours.
"I'm a werewolf?" I say my voice coming out high pitched.
No, Celeste is, but we are just linked. You can shift into me whenever you want to, but to are not a werewolf.
"I haven't shifted since I died, Eden has been more company to me than a wolf. I am happy she is finally being put to good use." Celeste said smiling.
"Shreya! Where did she go?" I ask looking around.
"She made it out, another wolf was chasing her." Celeste said.
"Landyn, we can shift so we can help him!"
Lets go save our mate!
"He's your mate too?"
We have been destined to be linked since before you were born. So yes, he is also my mate.
"Go Elly, you will find you are more powerful than you think. Let Eden take over, she knows what to do." I nod and stand up. I notice my clothes are dirty and ripped.
"Why do I still have clothes?" I ask.
I don't know, you shouldn't, but I suppose it is because you are not a werewolf. I close my eyes and imagine myself stepping out of the way for someone else to take over. I feel another presence and I feel my bones breaking. I open my eyes and see I am again the ghostly light blue wolf. Eden runs out of the clearing and towards our mate.

•••
I am going to update again today because I know I won't be able to update tomorrow and I feel bad because of my lack of updates lately. What do you think of Eden? What will happen to Landyn? Comment, vote, and check out my other stories!