Chapter Three

Landyn's Point of View

After Elly had fallen asleep again I ventured out of my room. I bumped into my best friend and beta Titus.
"Do you smell that?" He asks sniffing the air. I gasp, I must smell like her.
"Yeah, can you go see where that coming from?" I ask him. He nods and goes farther down the corridor, passing my room. I sigh and shake my head. I walk back into my room and spray myself with cologne. I look at Elly one more time before I leave. She is so beautiful. I walk downstairs into the kitchen.
"Hey Landyn." My sister says. She is sitting at the counter. I give her a small smile.
"What wrong?"
"Avril, need your help."
"Anything, what's wrong?"
"Follow me." I beckon her and she follows me. I lead her into my room where Elly is sleeping. When Avril sees her her brows furrow.
"Who is she?" I close my door and sigh.
"She's my mate." She gasps and looks at me.
"What?"
"The bond, it's stronger than normal. I can't kill her."
"The Moon Goddess, I bet she did this."
"But why?"
"I don't know." Elly rolled over waking up. She opened her eyes and blinked a few times she sat up and fear crossed her features. She opened her mouth, but quickly shut it. She looked at me and then Avril. Fear was the only thing I could see in her eyes.

Elly's Point of View

I hear quiet voices whispering to each other. I recognize the first as my mate, but I don't know who the second voice is. I roll over and sit up. I see my mate and a girl standing over me. I open my mouth to scream, but remember what Landyn to told me so I quickly shut my mouth.
"Elly, this is Avril, my sister." Landyn says. I look at Avril then back at Landyn. I can see the resemblance. They have the same dark hair, but Avril's eyes are a deep, calculating brown. She smiles and sits in the bed. I flinch away and scoot as far away from her as I can get. Her smile doesn't falter.
"How do you feel, about my brother?" She asks. I look at her then back at Landyn. He was looking back at me.
"I feel...A strong connection." I say quietly. "Every time we touch I feel sparks." Avril looks up at Landyn.
"It's the Moon Goddess, she made this connection."
"Well what do we do?"
"I don't know, but I know someone who does. My friend Shreya. She's a witch, she'll know what to do." Avril stands up.
"Do you trust her?" Landyn asks.
"With my life, and she's the only one who can help us." He nods and she leaves the room. I start to shake again and Landyn sits on the bed next to me. He pulls me onto his lap and I melt in his embrace. I burrow my head in his neck. He inhales my scent and sighs.
"No one will hurt you." The door opens and I jump, but stay in his arms.
"Who is this? Are they mates?" I look up and see a girl with black hair and tan skin. Her eyes are impossibly blue. I burrow my head back in his neck when I see she's looking at me.
"They are, the bond is strong. It's the Moon goddess."
"I can contact her, ask her what she wants, but..."
"But what?" Landyn asks, his chest rumbling under my head.
"I need someone else."
"Who?"
"My brother."
"You need him?" Avril asks. I suppose Shreya nods because Landyn sighs.
"If he tells anyone I will kill him." Landyn growls.
"If he tells anyone I'll help you kill him." She says with steely determination.