Chapter Thrity-One

Elly's Point Of View

I kneel on his grave and run my fingers over the cold headstone.
"I found the ring." I whisper. "Just so you know the answer would have been yes." I say a small smile stretching across my face. "A thousand times yes," I whisper closing my eyes. Rough sobs wracked my body and I cover my mouth with my hand. "I need you!" I say through my hands.
"Elly, Dustin is asking for you." Brad said quietly from behind me. I stand up and wipe my tears. I follow him to the hospital and walk inside to see Dustin.
"How are you feeling?" I ask him
"About the same," he whispers.
"At least you don't feel worse." He nods and. I sit beside his bed. "I found a ring in his drawer." He looks up surprised.
"I-"
"I would have said yes." I whisper. He nods and we sit in silence, but it makes both of us feel better.
"I am dying Elly, I am so sorry."
"Why are you apologizing to me?" I ask quietly.
"You are the only one left who cares enough to visit me."
"I'm the one who should be sorry. I brought the mate bond back."
"You did, but I wouldn't trade the mate bond for anything," I smile, and he smiles back. His breathingg slows and hs eyes close slowly. "I need her Elly." he whispers. I stay quiet, taking his hand. His eyes close and they heart monitor lets out one loud beep I have heard too many times. I sob, biting my lip until I taste blood. I walk back to Landyn's room and lay in bed, sobbing into my pillow. He is gone, Dustin is dead K close my eyes and feel the nightmares coming on, but I can do nothing to stop them.

I sit with Landyn's head in my lap. He is gasping for breath and in pain. Looking down I am the one who is stabbing him. I scream and try to stop my hand, but it won't stop. I am not in control anymore. His eyes fill with tears and his mouth whispers his pleads for me to stop. But I don't stop, I don't stop until he is dead.

I sit up screaming I feel arms around me and I fight and thrash, trying to get out of their arms.
"Let me to!" I scream.
"Shush my love," a familiar voice whispers. I open my eyes and look up at his face. A face I never thought I would ever see again. I see Landyn.

•••
Landyn!! Do you think he is really back? Comment, vote and check out my other stories! The new update will be soon!