Chapter Twenty-Eight

Elly's Point Of View

After leaving the hospital I went back to Landyn's room. I look in the mirror at my tired face.

"Why did you leave me?" I whisper. "And why won't they let me die already?" I ask no one. I lay on the bed and close my eyes. "Everything is going wrong at once. Vevina's funeral is tomorrow, and I'm sure Channing's funeral will be soon, not to mention Dustin's." I mumble into my pillow. "If your listening Eden, I want you to know that even though I didn't know you for long you mean a lot to me. I guess it was the strong connection we shared." As I talk my words become slurred and my eyes begin to close. "I hope you're happy where ever you are Eden." I close my eyes and drift off into sleep.

I woke up gasping, I held onto my pillow. I bite my lip keeping a scream from leaving my lips. Yet another nightmare has plagued my slumber. I run my fingers through my sweaty hands. I look at the clock and see it is four thirty. Knowing I want go back to sleep I get up and walk outside. The cool morning air chills my clammy body. I shiver and wiggle my toes in the dirt by Landyn's grave. "Hello, I couldn't sleep." I sit down crossing my legs. "How long have you been dead now, a little over a month? It feels like you've been dead mere minutes. Every day the pain gets worse, I'm dying Landyn. And nothing will change that, I witnessed the mate bond kill so many people, but I wouldn't give it up for the world. Even if it means I'm going to die. I don't know if that's me stupid, or if it is normal for mates. We were the first people to feel the bond in two hundred years, how were we to succeeded? Celeste placed her trust in the wrong girl, I'm too weak to do anything." I look up at the rising sun, it's meager rays warmed my cold body. "I'm too weak." I whisper closing my eyes. I lay down, putting my head right above where his heart would be if he was buried here. "I need you." I whisper tears pooling in my eyes, my eyelids drooped and I fall asleep over an empty grave.

"Elly!" I voice yelled. I gasp, sitting up. I look around and see I had fallen asleep outside. I look up and see Brad running over to me. "What are you doing out here?" He is panting as he stops in front of me. "I have been looking for you!"

"I'm sorry," I whisper. He shakes his head and places his hand of his knees, catching his breath.

"I though you had done it." He says after a few minutes of silence. I look up, startled. "I though you killed yourself, the way you were talking yesterday-"

"I'm not done quite yet." I say quietly standing up. "I have yet another funeral to go to." I whisper walking back into the house.

Once I was dressed and ready I walked outside, where Vevina was laying in her casket. It was open, and her face was a ghostly white. Once the people in front of her cleared I walked up to her. She looks even younger in death.

"Fifteen, it is so young to die." I whisper, I look at her clasped hands and clench my teeth. "He will pay, I know you don't want him to, but he will die. You were so innocent, you never hurt anyone in your short life. I will avenge you and make this cause and the mate bond mean something. Or I will die trying." I say. I walk back to my seat and sit next to the sobbing Avril. I sit in the chair, my body stiff and my eyes dry. I have no tears left, everything is empty, driven out by my anger. "He will die, they all will die." I whisper clenching my fists. "Mark my words."

•••

Poor Elly, this chapter was not very eventful, but it will pick up soon. Your comments make me so happy!! So please tell me what you think, also vote and check out my other stories!