Chapter Thirty

Elly's Point Of View

Why did I pull the trigger? I ask myself over and over again sitting in Landyn's room. I am laying under my protective cocoon of covers. Many people will argue that it wasn't my fault, that it was selfdefense, but I still killed a woman. She was heartbroken, she wasn't thinking straight. She was blinded by the loss of her child. Why did I do it? Why? My door opens and Avril walks in.

"Elly? I just wanted to tell you Helen's funeral is today." She whispered. I bite my lip.

"I doubt anyone will want me there."

"That's where your wrong," she says quietly. "The pack needs you, you calm them down."

"How? Eden isn't here! I'm not even a Luna! I'm human!"

"You still calm there wolves, you Luna title assures their wolves that you will protect them."

"Fine I'll go," I whisper sliding out of the bed. "I don't even know how to get souls back, I haven't the slightest idea. I promise the world, and all I do is kill people." I walk into the bathroom closing the door.

I sit in the back at the funeral, I still feel as if I don't belong here. I stay quiet, my head slightly lowered. My face is dry, I have no tears left to cry. Once the funeral is over I walk back to Landyn's office. Avril starts to follow me, but I turn to her.

"I just need to be alone right now." I whisper.

"Okay," she says quietly. Tears fill her own eyes, but they don't fall down her face. I walk into the office and close the door. I lean against the door, trying to catch my breath. I close my eyes and clench my teeth.

"Why? Why did I pull the trigger?" I say through my clenched teeth. I sit in his chair and spin myself slowly. I massage my temples slowly, biting my lip. I decide to continue going through Landyn's papers. After I had finished going through the piles on the desk I decide to look through his drawers. I try to open one, but it is stuck. I pull harder and the drawer flys open. I fall out of the chair and onto the floor. I groan in pain and sit up. Many papers are scattered all over the floor. I sigh and begin to shift through them. Pick up a pile and feel it is heavier than a pile of papers should be. I furrow my brow and move the papers around. I gasp and cover my mouth. Tears fill my eyes and I pick up the object with shaking hands. I pick up the small black box and flip it open. Inside is the most beautiful wedding ring I have ever seen. I close the box and place it back on the desk. The pain in my chest grows and I cover my mouth with my shaking hands. I stand up and walk to the place I know all to well, the cemetery.

•••

So she found a wedding ring in Landyn's office. That is so sad! Comment, vote and check out my other stories!