Chapter Fifteen

Elly's Point of View

I open my eyes slowly and find I am on a bed. I furrow my brows and groan. I have a head pounding headache. I sat in the bed, it isn't nearly as comfortable as Landyn's bed. I open my eyes and look around. I am in the hospital, Landyn once told me it was located on the other side of the pack house. The room I am in is empty.

"Landyn?" I call out, hearing the door open I turn and see Brad walking in. "Brad, where's Landyn, and why am I in the hospital?"

"Elly, you don't remember?" He asks slowly.

"Remember what?" His eyes show sadness and I cock my head to the side.

"Nothing," He say stepping closer to me.

"Where is Lan-" I stop and my mouth opens. I gasp when I feel all my memories trickling back into my head. "He promised." I said my voice shaking.

"Elly-"

"He lied to me, he promised, and he lied." I say my vision closing in. All I see is red.

"Elly, how could he have known?" His voice cracked and I look up and see him in tears. "First my sister, then my best friend, who else can I lose?" He asks tears falling down his face.

"He didn't fight, he wouldn't. He was protecting me." I say my voice flat.

"He would protect you over everyone else, even himself."

"I killed him."

"Elly-"

"Leave me alone," I whisper. When he doesn't move I raise my voice, "leave me alone!" He sighs, but leaves me alone. Once the door closes I let my tears fall. I feel the gaping hole in my heart where Landyn belongs. I need him. "I need you," I whimper. I have never felt so empty in my life, I want to die.

It has been three weeks since Landyn died. I still lay in the hospital bed. I don't move, I don't sleep. I don't even cry, I only lay there, wallowing in my own grief. Brad or Avril comes in everyday forcing me to eat. I barely do. I hear the door open, but I don't raise my head. I feel the bed dip down next to me and a sigh.

"Elly, are you awake?" Brad asked. I still down answer. "Clarence is dead, he passed away last night." He whispers softly. "Please get up, we need you." He begs. "The pack has no alpha, and we don't have a beta! You can't do this to us, your pack." I still stay silent and he sighs again. "Celeste spoke to me, she says you are blocking her out. She told me she hasn't spoken to Eden since Landyn died. Have you?" I still stay silence and he stand up quickly. I glance up at him and see he looks angry. "You have a right to mourn, but he pack needs you. Landyn would want you to give them their souls back. We all need you, you can't do this."

"What am I to do?" I ask my voice quiet. "I am empty, I am waiting for death to take me, like Clarence."

"You need to help your pack, you and I both know that." He walks out of the room and I close my eyes.

"I am failing you Landyn. I am truly sorry." I stand up, my legs shaking slightly. I take a shower and brush my matted hair. As I brush through my knots I remember how Landyn's hair was matted with his own blood. I close my eyes shuddering. I get dressed and walk out of my room. I walk to Avril's room and knock on her door. She opens it and I see her eyes are puffy. She gasps when she sees me.

"Elly-"

"Call the pack outside, I need it talk to them." I say. She looks at me surprised and I take am deep breath. "I am your Luna, am I not?" I ask. She nods quickly and walks past me closing her door. I close my eyes and call out to Eden.

Eden, are you there? Nothing, I can hear the echo of my voice in my head. I shiver, what an awful feeling.

"She hasn't been answering." I hear a voice say. Celeste is standing in front of me with worry written on her face. "I worry about her, few wolves survive the death of there mate." Her usually perfect face has a dark expression. "The connection is stronger between you two, if you can't contact her no one can."

"I will give her time, I guess I have to go through this meeting without her."

"I will be next to you, they just won't be able to see me." I nod and walk outside where all the pack members are gathered. I stand in front of them, on the sort of stage they have.

"As you know Landyn is dead." I say my voice echoing in the silent field. My voice is devoid of emotion, as is my face. "I am your Luna, and I demand to be treated as such. Now, those who do not wish to get their soul back shift into your wolf." I say, silence ensues after I finish. I raise an eyebrow, "I know some of you oppose getting your soul back, and we will stand here until you shift." After a few second about twenty wolves shift. "Anyone else, this is the last chance." Two more wolves shift. "Good I, the Luna of the Whisper Ice Pack, hereby banish you from my pack. I will give you five minutes to get off my land." After a few seconds the wolves lower their heads and run off into the woods. I turn and walk back into the house. I walk into Landyn's room and collapse on his bed. I lay my head on his pillow and close my eyes tighter. "Someday this will just be a nightmare, won't it?" I ask no one. "Someday I'll wake up, won't I?" I crack a sad smile. "You were always too gallant to break a promise Landyn." I sigh and push my hands against my chest. "It hurts more and more everyday, doesn't it?" I close my eyes and slip into a deep sleep.

•••

This chapter is really long too, but I couldn't find a good place to end it. Tell me what you think of this chapter. Comment, vote, and check out my other stories.