Chapter Five

Landyn's Point Of View

I paced outside of my room quietly. A bubble of worry wound it's way into my stomach. Elly was going to be the death of me. With her scared blue eyes and her tiny body that fit so well with mine. When I hear no more voices I opened the door slowly. I peeked my head in and saw the Moon Goddess was gone and Elly was sitting on the bed, lost in thought. I sit next to her and pull her into my lap.
"What did she say?" I ask inhaling her scent. She smelled like sugar and everything else that made my wolf go crazy.
"She said that she chose us for a reason, and that we won't let her down." She says sleep heavy in her voice.
"Get some sleep El," I whisper. I feel her relax in my arms. I shift to lay her down, but she grabs me.
"Don't leave me alone."
"I was just putting you down." I whisper soothingly. She let go and I sled her off my lap and lay her down. I lay next to her, pulling her body against mine. She buries her head in my neck. I close my eyes and is, enjoying her warmth. "Goodnight, Love."
"Goodnight." She says groggily. I smile down at her and kiss her head.
"What ever the Moon Goddess' reasons I'm glad she chose us." I whisper. I close my eyes and slip into a very light sleep, afraid that someone will come in and take her from me. I won't ever let that happen.

Elly's Point Of View

I open my eyes and feel an arm wrapped around my waist. I turn and see my mate asleep. He looks so relaxed in his sleep. He looks like the craziness of the word hasn't touched him yet. He opens his eyes and smiles.
"Good morning Elly." He says. He hugs me tighter and inhales my scent.
"What do I smell like?" I ask him. He smells me again, as if thinking.
"Like sugar, cinnamon, and everything else that my wolf loves. When I smell you my wolf just seems to calm down." He says smiling. I sniff his neck and smile.
"You smell like the woods." I say smiling. "I like it." I look up and see him looking at me. "What?"I ask him.
"Your just so beautiful." I blush and hide my head in his chest. I hear him chuckle and he lifts my head up. "I like you blush, it's cute." That only makes me blush harder, making him laugh harder.
"How long do you think this will last?"
"What?"
"Us, being happy. Someone will tear us apart. It's not fair, I just want to be happy."
"We are happy, and no one can take that from us." He says. I nod and lay my head in his chest, listening to his heartbeat. "We were born for each other. And we live for each other. And I hope it never comes to this, but we would die for each other. We are mates, we will always be together, whether we are alive or not. We just have to get everyone else to feel the bond."
"What about the people who have already killed their mates?"
"We only have to get a majority of the people to feel the bond, not everyone. Then the Moon Goddess can take control again, we can be free to be mates." I smile up at him.
"We can be mates."