Chapter Thirty-Four

Elly's Point Of View

After having breakfast Landyn called a pack meeting. We are standing on the stage side by side. The pack stand in from of us, their mouths hanging open.

"Alpha Landyn!" Someone screams.

"I am back, the Moon Goddess brought me back. Now that I am back, I will be focusing solely on getting our souls back. I have seen that some of you already have." He says. "By letting the bond in it returns part of your souls back. Getting your soul is mostly up to you, if you don't truly want it, you will never acquire it." His booming voice echoed across the field not the ears of the awestruck pack members. One by one they bow to their alpha. After everyone has bowed their head Landyn and I bow our heads at the same time.

"We will prevail." I whisper. He wraps his arm around me and lean against him.

"We will prevail." He vows to me.

After the meeting we headed back into our room. I talked about everything that happened and he listened. I asked him whats it was like to die and he paused, thinking.

"It was cold, and lonely. I would call out to you while you were crying, but you couldn't hear me." He said. I sensed melancholy on his tone so I turned to him.

"I'm so sorry," I whisper.

"It wasn't your fault." He asks cupping my cheek. I lean forward and kiss him, which he returns.

"I love you so much." I whisper.

"I love you too." He says looking at him seriously. It felt as if our bond has intensified. I can feel his vague emotions and the sparks intensified. I could mind link him now, as Eden can with the whole pack. Especially with the heightened bond if I lost him again I wouldn't make it. I wonder if us both dying made the bond stronger, or if Celeste made it stronger. I lay in his arms that night thinking about how much it would crush me if I lost him again.

•••

Very short, but it is all I had time to write. Make sure you comment, vote and check out my other stories!