Chapter Fourteen

Elly's Point of View

I open my eyes slowly, and groan at the pain in my head. I look around and see I am in a dark room. I hear movement behind me and I turn and see Landyn laying on the dirt floor.
"Landyn!" I crawl over to him and gasp at what I see. His face is bloody and his arms are chained to the wall. His wrists are bloody where the chain touches him. I can barely see his face in the dim light. "Landyn!" I pull his head onto my lap and stroke his matted hair. "I'm here," I whisper. His hand twitched and his brow furrows.
"Elly, you need to get out." His eyes twitch and his right eye opens, but his left it too swollen to open.
"Not without you."
"No, you have to promise me you will make it out, I will follow you."
"I can't," I say closing my eyes.
"Promise me!" His voice hold authority and I lower my head.
"I promise." I whisper. The door opens and light floods the room.
"Your up," the man from before says. He is followed by three guards. One of the guards grabs me and the other two unchain Landyn and they drag us out of the room. I try to fight, but my feeble efforts do nothing to stop him. Once we get outside I am thrown down. They chain Landyn to a pole outside. He seems to collapse as they push him down. In the light so the moon his face is a ghostly white and he looks so sick. I try to crawl over to him, but the man kicks me. I gasp and hole my side. Landyn lets out a quiet growl. I search for Eden, but I can't feel her.
"Landyn," I whimper.
"I am going to be honest. I am going to kill you Landyn." Landyn growl and pulls slightly at the chains. "That is why she is here, you won't fight back. If you fight, we will kill her." A dark look comes over his face.
"I won't fight, just don't touch her." He says, his voice hollow. I look at him with wide eyes.
"You have to-"
"Elly, please." He begs. I close my mouth and feel the bond I love so much become heavy with his sadness and my own.
"Lets get this over with shall we?" He walks over to Landyn and smirks. He holds the knife over his chest. The silver metal gleams in the moonlight. "You were an amazing alpha, until you met her."
"No, I was a coward until I met her." He says, he doesn't take his eyes away from mine. The man shakes his head, clicking his tongue.
"You call not fighting back brave?" When Landyn says nothing he raises the knife. Landyn still doesn't look away from me. The man stabs him and Landyn gasps in pain. The man stands up and I scramble to get to Landyn, but the guard grabs my arm.
"Just let me say goodbye, please." I say quickly, shifting my eyes to the man and back to Landyn. The man nods and the guard lets go. I rush over to him and place his head in my lap. "No, no, no, this can't be happening. You'll be okay, you'll be okay." I say my breathing hard and jagged. Tears filled my eyes, but none spill out.
"Elly," he says his voice thick. "I won't be okay, but you will." I shook my head.
"You promised me, you promised me forever, and I won't accept anything less."
"I'm sorry," he says his eyes half closed.
"Please, don't do this to me."
"I'm sorry Elly. I'm sorry I was such an awful mate."
"Awful, you were the best mate I could have dreamed of."
"I'm sorry I didn't give you forever, I'm sorry I broke my promise."
"I won't forgive you if you die!" I say my voice raising.
"I know, and I can't be more sorry. You'll be okay, you'll be okay. I can never give you forever." He says his voice getting softer and softer, until it fades away and gets lost in the wind. He eyes close and his body slumps in my lap. My eyes go wide and I sit shocked for a few seconds.
"No, no your not dead. Come back so I can be angry at you, so I can have forever!" I run my fingers through his hair. "Give me forever! I need you," I whisper closing my eyes. The tears finally falls and I let out loud sobs. My voice getting hoarser and hoarser with each scream. After a few minutes my body can't do anything, but let out soft croaks. I collapse next to Landyn and turn my head to look at his pale face. "You promised me," I whisper. I feel the bond snap and I let out an ear piercing scream. I heard footsteps and fighting around me. I heard flesh being ripped from bone and I felt two arms grab me. I lay limp in their arms and don't fight them. My body feels so heavy. He promised me.

•••
Landyn! What do you think will happen to Elly? Who took her? I made this chapter longer to make up for the sadness. Comment, vote and check out my other stories!