Chapter Twenty-Five

Elly's Point Of View

I walk over to Caden and he glances at Oliver.
"Oliver, Samson, will you give us a minute?" He asks them. They nod and quickly leave the room.
"I suppose you know what happened?" I ask.
"Yes, I do. I can't believe you died." He whispered leaning closer to my ear. "How do you feel?" He asks.
"Okay, tired actually. I was just getting ready to leave."
"Then I won't keep you too long, I just need to talk to you. Will you talk with me in private?" He asks. I nod and he leads me out of the ballroom. He leads me to a room just next to the bathroom I was just in. "How are you able to talk with the Moon Goddess?"
"I don't know, she chose me."
"What was it like, being dead?"
"It was all white, and I felt weightless. I saw Landyn," I say a smile finding its way in my face. "I hugged him and talked to him, but I felt something pulling me away. I didn't want to come back, I wanted to stay there with him."
"Well, I'm glad you came back Elly." He says quietly after a few seconds of silence.
"I don't know how I feel about coming back." I whisper honestly.
"How did you die, Samson just said you collapsed holding your chest."
"It was part of the mate bond, I should have died." He sighs and runs his hand through his hair.
"We'll be in touch Elly, I don't want to keep you from going home. You look exhausted." I nod and he opens the door.
"Goodbye Caden, we'll keep in touch." I say as I walk back over to Brad. I sway on my feet in front of him and he grabs my arm, keeping my from falling.
"Elly, are you okay?" He asks frantically.
"Yeah, I'm-" I was cut off by a loud scream. Everyone turned and the crowd scrambled away. I rush forward and see a man standing in front of Vevina. She is terrified, cowering against the wall. I felt Brad grab my arm, but I rip it out of his grasp. I am not going through this again. I run forward and stand in front of Vevina.
"Get out of my way, she is my mate." He growls.
"I won't let you kill her!" I yell. Fatigue weighs my body down, but I won't let them see.
"She's my mate, I have every right to kill her!"
"Just let me take her away." I say quietly.
"Channing!" A voice yelled. Samson ran through the circle of people that had gathered around us.
"Finally, Beta Samson! Tell her that I have every right to kill my mate."
"Elly-"
"I'm not moving!" I yell.
"Elly!" Brad said from the circle.
"Stay there!" I yell at him. He stopped bouncing in his feet. Even though he doesn't have a wolf, he is still part of the pack and he wants to listen to his Luna. Caden ran in and stepped in between Channing and me.
"Channing, what is going on here?" Caden said.
"That girl is my mate, and they won't let me kill her."
"Channing, I think it is best for you to leave." Caden said calmly.
"Leave? I won't leave until she's dead." I growl and step forward.
"Elly calm down." Caden said holding his hand out.
"She's not dying today!"
"If I have anything to do with it she will!"
"Stop!" A voice yelled. We all turned to Vevina and she stepped forward. She is slightly taller than me, but she is still tiny and she looks so scared. "He's my mate, and it is my life, so I should be the one who makes the decision." She says. I can hear the slight shake to her voice.
"Vevina, you can't do this." I say quietly.
"I want to be strong like Shreya." She says quietly.
"Vevina you don't have to-"
"Just let me do this Elly." She stakes another step closer and Channing narrows his eyes. "Hello, mate." She whispered. He bared his teeth and she cringed. I stepped forward and Vevina gave me a desperate look. "Don't hurt him." She begged.
"No promises." I say through clenched teeth. She takes another step forward, more slowly than before.
"I'm Vevina, I'm fifteen and I am a member of the Whisper Ice pack." She says in her quiet innocent voice. Channing clenches his fists. His eyes darken, as if he is having a fight with his wolf.
"Channing." He mumbles. Her eyes widen and she takes another step forward. She is so close she could reach out and touch him now. Her head just reaches over his shoulder and he looks down at her.
"Do you feel the bond?" She asks him. He swallows thickly and bites his lip. She reaches out and touches his hand. He rips it out of her grasp and she flinches back. I tense and take a step forward. Caden grabs my hand, holding me back.
"You already died once today, lets to make a habit of it." I growl and pull my hand away from him.
"Did you feel the sparks?" She asks. His eyes darken and he bares his teeth.
"I did not feel the sparks." He spits. She flinches and tears fill her eyes. "You are weak!" He says. He shifts into his wolf and I jump forward, but I am too late. He jumps on Vevina and I hear her scream. Caden and Samson shift and jump onto Channing. They push him off Vevina and I rush to her side. She is crying, but she is not screaming. Blood is pooled around her from the wound in her chest.
"Get her to the hospital!" I yell. Brad runs next to me and I stand up. I sway and he grabs my arm.
"Take it easy." He says. I pull my arm away.
"I don't have time to take it easy." I kneel down as two men come over to her.
"We are doctors." They say when I narrow my eyes at them. I move out of the way to let them see her, but Vevina grabs my hand.
"Don't leave me Elly." She whispers.
"I won't." I say holding her hand. "I won't."

•••
Yet another cliffhanger ending! What do you think will happen to Vevina? Comment, vote, and check out my other stories!