Chapter Seventeen

Elly's Point of View

I run into his arms and sob into his chest, "You're finally here!" I yell my tears soaking through his shirt.
"I'm finally here." He whispers, but his voice isn't right. It it deeper, more rough sounding. I pull away and scream. I jump back and see his face is half rotten and the flesh is clinging feebly to the white bone showing through.
"No! You're not Landyn!"
"I am now, I promised you forever... "

I wake up screaming and tangled in the blankets. I scream and sob shaking my head. I cover my head with my hands and sob to my palms.
"Landyn!" I yell sobbing harder. "It hurts so bad!" I yell clutching my chest. Avril and Brad came running not the room. Avril holds my thrashing body, trying to hold me down.
"Stop, it was only a dream." Avril says in a hushed tone. I see her silents tears streaming down her face. I stop writhing, taking deep breaths. I sob, choking on my deep breaths.
"He wasn't Landyn." I say clinging to her. She nodded shushing me.
"It's okay, do you want me to stay with you, until you fall asleep?" I shake my head.
"I'm okay." She nods and leaves the room.
"You sure?" I nod and Brad gives me a pitiful look before closing the door behind him. I sit up in bed and kick off the covers. I open my door silently and glance at the clock. I wince when I read it says three A.M. I must have woken up the whole house. I walk outside, shivering as the cold air hit my arms. The cold blades of grass tickle my bare feet. I walk for awhile and I find myself in front of his grave. I kneel down and play with the blades of grass surrounding his grave.
"I'm still alive." I whisper. The wind seems to blow my quiet voice away. "It seems since you died no one has any energy left, we are all just drifting in the wind. No one can fight it. Eden isn't here anymore, I don't know where she went. Maybe she died, I don't know. Maybe she is with you and your wolf. She would be happier if she was dead. If she is with you, tell her I miss her and so does Celeste. Tell her I want her to be happy. Maybe you can't even hear me, maybe I am just talking to the wind." The wind blows, pushing my hair in my face. It blows the tears on my face to the side before I wipe them away. "Come back home." I whisper before I stand up and walk back into the warmth of the pack house. I walk back to his room almost in a trance. I lay down, but I don't want to sleep. I'm afraid, afraid of entering my own mind.
Eden? I ask fearing the emptiness in my mind. I hear the echo of my voice bouncing around my head and I close my eyes. I am truly alone. And I am afraid.

•••
This chapter is a little bit of a filler, but I like this chapter. Comment, vote and check out my other stories! Your comments and votes rally help me out!