Chapter Twelve

Elly's Point of View

We emerged from the forest and I felt my body shaking. Tears fell from my eyes, but I didn't care. Celeste led us back into the house. I walked into Ladyn's room and collapsed on his bed. A few seconds later I felt his arms wrap around my body. I turn and burrow my face into his chest. I shake and sob into his body. He shushes me and whispers into my ear.

"She's dead." I whisper my voice hollow.

"I know." He says and I hear his voice shaking. "I know." He says again. I feel a few of his tears drop on the top of my head. "I've know Shreya since I was two. She is-was Avril's best friend." I close my eyes and listen to his heartbeat. He takes a deep breath.

"She's dead." I whisper again, another round of sobs wracking my body. My eyes begin to close and I fall asleep in my mate's arms.

Landyn's Point of View

"She's dead." She whispers before she falls asleep. I hold her in my arms and close my eyes. Being with her lessens the pain slightly. But I still feel it. I feel the guilt, she was dead. My sister's best friend is dead, but she is more than that, she was my friend too. She seemed to be everyone's friend. I want to rip her mate to shreds, but Celeste told me not to. I hold Elly closer and sniff her neck.

"I love you so much." I whisper. She stirs, but doesn't wake up. "I love you more than you will ever know. I'm sorry I brought you into this." I pull her closer to me and bury my head in her hair. I close my eyes and soon fall asleep.

•••

It's a short chapter, I'm sorry! But I didn't have time to write much, I have my regents to study for. I hope you enjoyed it. Make sure you vote, comment, and check out my other stories.