Chapter One

Elly's Point Of View

I sat in my bed looking up at the ceiling, sighing. It's moments like these when depression finds its way into my heart. I was all alone, my family was killed by werewolves. I lived alone in my big house. It's nighttime and I close my eyes. The wold isn't safe anymore. You can't walk outside at night without being killed by a wolf. I sigh and hear a bang from downstairs. I sit up, holding my breath. I hear footsteps walking up the stairs. Maybe if I'm quiet they won't come in here. I shake my head, I have to try to escape. I open my window slowly, trying to be silent. My room was on the second floor, but I would rather jump out the window then be mauled by a wolf. I open the window more, but it is stuck. There I barely enough room for me to wiggle my way out. I stick my feet out the window and I hear my door open. I gasp and turn. I see a man standing in my doorway. When I look into his eyes my whole world slows down. He has black hair and ghostly silver eyes. He takes a step forward and I snap out of my daze. I scream and push myself farther out the window. I feel his arms wrap around my waist and I scream. I feel sparks wherever he is touching me. He pulls me out of the window and I scream again. He pulls me flush against his chest and I start to kick and scream, tears pouring out of my eyes.
"Sh, settle kitten." He whispers in my ear. I stop fighting and close my eyes. I feel so safe in his hold. He gasps and drops me. I fall to the floor and look up, scrambling away from him. I whimper, pressing myself farther into the wall. He kneels down in front of me. I'm shaking so bad I can hardly breathe. He pushes my hair out of my face and I lean into his touch. "It's okay." He whispers.
I start shaking and crying again. "Your going to kill me." I sat through my sobs
"No, no I won't." He hugs me to his chest.
"I'm you mate." I whimper. He rocks me back and forth.
"I won't let anyone hurt you." He whispers in my ear. I closed my eyes and I believed him. "What's your name?"
"Elly."
"Elly?" He asks. I shiver and he sighs. "What a pretty name. I'm Landyn." My eyes snap open I struggle to get out of his hold. He lets go and I cower against the wall.
"Landyn? Alpha Landyn?" He nods, but takes my hand.
"I won't hurt you."
"Why not? Werewolves kill their mates."
"I don't know why, but the thought of hurting you kills me." He stands up and I cower back. He takes my hand and tugs gently, telling me to stand up. I stand, but cower against the wall. Tears prick my eye and I start to cry.
"Please, don't kill me."
"I won't." He hugs me and I sob into his chest. He hold me and soon I feel drowsy. My eyelids close and the last thing I realize before I fall asleep is Landyn picking me up and carrying me out of my room.