1- Start

Wwwwwaaaakkkkkeeeee uuuppppp

The sound of my alarm was loud enough to break my slumber.

I rubbed my eyes and looked for my cellphone which was on my bedside.

I switched off my alarm and went to bathroom.

I did the rituals and started to get ready for my office.

They say that people dont love their job, they love their bosses and yes I love him.

He is 67 year old, the CEO of "The A&A corporation" having multiple sister companies.

And being working with its founder, I got the chance to work in multiple areas.

I wore black pencil skirt with black blouse. Tied up my hair in a neat pony and wore black framed specs

Just perfect. Black never goes wrong...

I looked at the time and it was 8 AM.

So, I put my sandwhich which I made yesterday in oven, and hurriedly made coffee. Ate my sandwhich and ran off.

I have a car, so no need for any taxi thing for which I am really thankful as then I wouldn't be on time any day.

I reached to my office's parking area, parked the car and moved to elevator.

"Hey Daisy" I greeted the receptionist on my floor. She is my great friend.

I walked on the white tiles of my office which shines as the tube lights shine all over the floor..

"Si.. How are you love??" She returned my greeting.

" Trying not to be late as usual" - I laughed.

" It had been 5 years since you had joined here, and your habit of reaching just on time had not changed as yet " - she reminded me

"Old habits die hard love !! " - I smiled and winked

I moved towards my cubicle which was just in front of the door of Mr. Albert Nicholson, my boss.

I checked my emails and his emails and was preparing all the stuff when my boss enters.

I entered in his room with coffee in my hand

"How are you Sia" - He asked

"I am fine sir. How are you"- I replied

" I am fine too... Just getting old" - He laughed and coughed.

He is continuously coughing since one month. He went to doctors as well as far as I know.

"Any updates on your recent medical tests?" - I asked

"They all are normal" - He said while looking towards laptop which was weird because he should be happy if everything is normal. Whenever he gets happy he gives me such a big smile that makes my day.

I was expecting the same but nothing.

Indeed he had said many times that I am like his daughter. But still I know my boundaries. He is still my boss and I dont want to use his fatherly feelings in selfish way.

Therefore, I wont go deep into the matter.

" Sia, I have to discuss somethings with you" - He said with seriousness

" Yes Mr. Nicholson" - I took my pen and notebook out.

"You know Ashar right?" He asked

Everyone knows in this office about his son. So I replied affirmative.

"He will be joining office"

I stared him with such shock that I felt my eyes getting out of my sockets.

No way..

" Sia.. are you listening " - His words made me realized of my present.

"Yy-yyess Mr. Nicholson. " - Trying to hide my shock

"He will be dealing with few projects first and then will take my place. I want you to help him as you had worked with me since 5 yrs. So, I want you to assist him for few days" - he described his plans..

"Right sir" - tear forming near my eye and I can feel that

" I know Sia he is a tough man. But he is not bad. He is just strict ....

And rude, cold, harsh....

... He'll be here tomorrow. " - my boss gave me details on which projects I had to update him.

Cursing my fate in my heart,I prepared all the documents for him.

I will ask Mr.Nicholson to hire someone else soon.

Still atleast I have to spend 5 days working for him

I would leave no stone unturned this time.

I will not let him shout on me or insult me this time.

Looking forward to welcome you Mr. Asher.. And I smirked myself

Comment
Vote
&
Share...