Chapter 33

After setting a bottle of pills and a glass of water on Isaiah's bedside table, I scribble out a quick note telling him to call me when he's not hungover; telling him we desperately need to talk.

Before I can stop myself, I walk over towards the right side of the bed. Isaiah is out cold when I slowly lean down and kiss him on the forehead.

"I'll fix this okay?" I whisper. "I just need you to be a smidge forgiving, because I made a horrible mistake; but you love me right?" I reach out and swipe some of his hair off his forehead.

After watching him for a few moments I go to the front, grab my coat, and head towards my car.

When I start it the gas light come on. My mind buzzes with millions of thoughts as I head toward the gas station.

Maybe I was wrong about the whole thing in high school. Maybe it was a one time thing. He apparently still loves me. Right? He said he did... while crying.

'He was drunk.' I'm inner voice says.

'They say drunk words are sober thoughts.' I argue with myself, getting out of my car to pump gas.

"What do you mean you can't give me a ride?!" I hear someone yell. "You're a taxi company!" He listens to the other side of the line for a moment. "I don't care that there's supposed to be a blizzard, I'm stuck at a fucking gas station!"

The man suddenly looks up and catches me staring. Wait. Is that?

"Meghan?"

"Jer?" I man walks towards me and as he gets closer I realize it is indeed Jeremy. "Hi." I smile at him.

"Hey," He pulls me into a hug. "It's been so long."

"Over three years." I tell him.

You see, when Jeremy and I were going to Harvard together, after he got over his crush on me and I got over him kissing me; we became good friends.

He was incredibly sweet, and helped me continue nursing my heartache since Mia wasn't there.

"If you need a ride somewhere, better hurry and get in my car." I tell him, pulling away and looking at the snowfall. It's definitely going to start coming down quicker and he shouldn't have to be stuck at a gas station.

"Really? The nearest hotel would be great if it's not too much trouble."

"Hotel?" Last I knew his parents lived near here.

"I'm surprising my parents tomorrow so, I'm staying at a hotel for the night." He explains.

"Oh," I nod. "Well, there's no reason for you to have to stay at a hotel. Mia and I have a nice pullout couch at our apartment." I wink at him and he chuckles.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, Mia will be glad to see you." I grin. Mia may not have like him at first but she eventually learned to enjoy his presence.

"Then I guess I'll take you up on your offer."

We fall into a silence until we get to the apartment.

"You live here?" He asks, his lip curling at the run down apartment building.

I shrug. "It's a place we could afford."

"Meghan, your parents are loaded..."

"They pulled my trust fund when I dropped out of Harvard."