t w e n t y - s i x

I stood at the car with James, he anxiously messed with his sleeve. I took his hand. "Baby, it's gonna be fine. I'll walk you to G.Wash, then I'll wait for you and walk you to all your classes then to debate, I'll watch then we go home." James nodded. I put my right arm around his waist. "You ready darlin'?" James nodded. I walked with him into the school, his hand ended up in my coat pocket since my jeans weren't exposed.

I looked at the anxious James and whispered a casual. "See no one cares." James nodded. I stepped around the corner, running a hand through my curls. I felt so bad-ass just walking with my around my boyfriend, he just triples my previous confidence size. Hamilton started following me "So the jackass comes back?" I rolled my eyes. "James do you hear that?" James shrugged. "Hear what?" He played along. "The sound of a little bitch complaining." James shrugged "Jeffershit I need to talk to you."

"What do we need to talk about exactly?" I asked stopping in my tracks, James turned around with me, I removed my arm from his waist and held the hand that was in my pocket. "I need a favor." Hamilton explained. I raised an eyebrow. Hamilton sighed. "Washington is pissed at me about the plan but you need to convince him that I'm sorry about it."

I scoffed "I can't convince him of something I myself am not convinced of." Hamilton sighed. "I'll pull some strings and get you into kings college." I looked at him like he was stupid. "I could buy kings college if I wanted to, I don't think I'll have any trouble getting into it." I gave Hamilton a second to retort something. But I received no response.

I turned around with James on my left side now and proceeded to walk to his class. I stopped right outside of the door. I turned to James. "Alright, text me or call me if anyone talks to you badly or anything. I'll be right around the corner darlin'." James nodded. I started to walk away but was stopped by Jemmy grabbing my arm "Tommy?" I raised an eyebrow "I'm scared." I stepped back over to him.

"About?" I asked leaning against the wall. "People talking about you coming with me." I shrugged. "I'll be right outside when it's over alright?" James nodded hesitantly. I kissed his forehead. "Nothing's gonna happen." James nodded and walked into the classroom. I smiled and waited for him to sit down. Once he did so I turned around only to be met with Charles standing behind me.

"Oh, Hey Lee." Charles rolled his eyes "Don't 'Lee' me." I furrowed my brow. "What did I do?" I asked confused. Lee grunted. "It took seeing you with Madison to realize I'm in love with you." I laughed in his face, not even gonna say it was unintentional. "Do you hear yourself?" I managed to shove in throughout my extensive laughter.

"I'm serious. I want you to give me a chance." I laughed harder "You are really REALLY funny." I wiped laughter induced tears away from my eyes. "I'm being serious." I pulled myself together. "I'm sorry but I barley see you as a friend, let alone a romantic partner." Charles nodded a hurt look appearing in his eyes. "But hey," playfully hit his arm. "I'll catch you later." I walked outside.

Time skip to after debate.

I stood close by James at all times, never knowing when I may need to fight someone for disrespecting him. I stood patiently waiting for James. He threw his backpack on. "You want me to carry that sugar?" I asked putting my hand out. James shook his head. "I got it." He took my hand and jumped down. I walked to the hall, greeted with Washington.

"Hey boys!" I smiled walking up to him James by my side. "Hey g.wash." he laughed lightly at the nickname. "So do you two want to go for coffee tomorrow? Because I'm free." I nodded "I'm clear and so is Jem." James nodded.

"Alright! Text me your adress and I'll text you a time." He said before waving and walking off. I looked down at the anxious James. "You alright?" James shook his head. "Want me to carry you to the car?" James shook his head "I don't want you to do anything you-" before he could protest any further I had picked him up bridal style. "Comfy?" I asked. He nodded "Good." I started walking to the car.