t w e l v e

I sighed while sitting on the bed. Jemmy sat next to me "It's really fine Tommy." He said taking off his shoes. "I know...I just- nevermind." I stood up. James looked concerned "Where you going?" I shrugged. I sighed before stopping in my tracks and turning around "Jem, what would you do if I started smoking?" He shrugged

"Tell you to stop." Fuuuck "I'm just considering it." I added on. He furrowed his brow "Why?" I sighed "Seems like a fair stress reliever." He nodded "I just don't want you smoking." He said laying down on the bed. I sighed "I'm gonna go to a thing I'll be back later." He sighed "Do you wanna watch a movie when you get back?" He asked. "I'll be shit faced when I get back." I mumbled under my breath.

James sighed "Whats going on?" I shook my head "Nothing." He sighed again. "You have to talk to me Tommy." He said looking at the ceiling. I sighed "I'm not one to express myself so uh, imma go." He sighed "Fine. Just be careful." God he sounds so upset. I walked over to him "Are you okay?" He nodded. "Jemmy, I don't wanna leave you here to deal with whatever it is that you're thinkin about." I explained kicking my shoes off and laying next to him

"I'm just..." He sighed "Scared." I held his hand. "Why?" I asked. He looked up at me. "I don't know. We're buying a house together, I should be pretty sure, right?" He asked. I shrugged "You're entitled to the anxiety." I nodded. "Tommy?" I hummed "Your birthday is in three days." I nodded "And mine is in six days." I nodded. He kissed me quickly "I have your birthday present already." I rolled my eyes

"James you know I hate birthday parties." He nodded. "It's not a birthday party." I sighed "Does it require more than the two of us?" I asked. He shook his head "It's gonna be great." I sighed.

Time skip to tommys birthday because yah

I yawned. James ran in "Who's my favorite legal adult?" He asked. I shrugged "You idiot!" He sat in front of me. "I've already gotten to pakcing, it's saturday of course so, that means I have you all day." I nodded. "So, I'm taking you out to dinner. I've noticed that you've been working extra so it's on me." God he's an angel. "Also, the rest of the day can just be spent with me. Unless you have other friends you'd like to hang out with." He added the last part when I checked my phone. "Nah, just a call from Burr, Mr. Washington and Seaburry."

I've never gone a birthday without my mom. I sighed and put my phone down. James held my hands "What's up?" I shook my head "Nothing, just weird to think that my parents hate me." He nodded before kissing me . "you don't need them. They aren't your family if they're willing to just give you up like that." I looked at our hands

"James?" He hummed "I- nevermind." He kissed me again "Its your day. I'm up for whatever you want." I shook my head "Say it but like uh really cocky." I looked at him "What does the suffex I-f-y mean?" He shrugged "To do or make?" I smirked "I want to loveify you." He blushed faintly. "In definition that would mean..." He looked away from me "To love or make love." He chuckled slightly.

I smiled "Still got it."

Skip through the day.

James got way to dressed up in my opinion but, eh what can I do about it right. I sighed while following my GPS. "Tommy you seem upset that you needed directions." I nodded "I am." I turned a corner. "Alright, is this the place?" A fancy resteraunt came into view "No, it's the other expensive resteraunt. Yes, this is the place." I rolled my eyes and pulled into a parking space. "Tommy, you need to teach me to parallel park." I giggled and opened the car doors. James swung around to my side and opened my door. "Oh, thanks." He smiled and nodded. I stepped out of the car before locking it and sliding the keys in my inner jacket pocket. "I need to dry clean this tommorow." James put his hands in his pockets. "I'll pay for it." I smiled "you don't have to do that Jemmy."

I ran to the door in attempt to open it before he could. James tried to catch up but came in late "Damnit." He mumbled I giggled "Go ahead." I opened the door for him, he did so. Before I knew it we were sitting down talking. "Remember when you spilled orange juice on my carpet?" I asked him. I giggled "Your parents were so mad. It's not like they couldn't pay to get it cleaned." James suggested sipping his water. I nodded "Right!"

The waitress walked over. I never go to eat out because I always get hit on by someone. "What can I get you two to drink?" I looked at James he shrugged "I'll take a sprite with no ice." I ordered picking up my menu. James nodded "I'm having what he's having." I giggled under my breath. "Alright, and are you ready to order or you need more time?" I shrugged "I'm good." James sighed "Anything other than what I know you're going to get Thomas." Damnit James.

I sighed "Then no I'm not ready." She nodded "You're funny." Oh fuck. "I know." I retorted in an asshole like manner. She giggled "I'll be right back with your drinks." I sighed. "So what are you getting?" I asked scanning for anything mac and cheese related. "I don't know. I heard they havs some killer mac and cheese balls though." He said as I found them. I put my menu down. "Done." He giggled. "I'm probably just gonna do like...I can't pronounce it. But it looks good." He showed me the menu.

"It's french. That why you can't read it?" He nodded. "It's basically pasta. Just point it out." He nodded again, before putting his menu down. I held his hand "I really appreciate this." He smiled "I just wanted you to have a good memory of your 18th birthday."

I smiled. "Yeah, well with you everyday is amazing." He looked off, behind me. I retracted my hand then looked at James. "You alright Tommy?" I nodded. Our waitress came back with the glasses, she handed them to the two of us. "Alright, ready to order?" I looked back at James. He nodded so I did the same while looking back at her. "Alright, what are you having hot stuff?" I sighed. "Mac and cheese balls." James rolled his eyes "Why am I not surprised?" I smiled "Because you know me so well." I giggled before looking at the waitress who had never stopped staring at me. I felt James kick me under the table. The waitress looked at James.

"Then for you?" He pointed out what he wanted. She nodded and walked off. "Am I just being self absorbed or is she hitting on me?" James giggled "She's most definitely hitting on you." I smiled "I wish I could give you such a perfect birthday." He smiled "You don't have to." He said as I held his hand again. "Well I know that of course but I have something so minescule compared to all this." I said sipping my sprite.

"Tommy, you don't have to do anything for my birthday. We have school that day anyways." I sighed "I'll arrange." He rolled his eyes. "You do that." I smiled "Trust me I will."