🌆t w o🌆

James smiled but dropped it quickly "Yes and?" He asked. I looked at him my breathing slowing down slightly. "I-I can't be gay..." I started to think out loud. "Tommy have you ever kissed a boy?" I shook my head.

Before I knew it James' lips were on mine, it felt so right but i knew it was so wrong. James pulled out of the kiss. "Did you like that?" He asked messing with his sleeve was I supposed to? I can't just spill my feelings.

"I-I think I did..." He nodded "Do you want to try again? With someone el-" before he could finish asking me I kissed him again. This is the one thing I've longed for. I pulled back "Holy shit I'm gay." He smiled "Does it feel the same way when you kiss a girl?"

I shook my head. "Jemmy...I'm gay." He nodded with a smile "Oh my god." He nudged me "Wanna know something?" I hummed "You know who else is gay?" I shook my head. "Waiiiiit- really?" He nodded.

"It's why I know all the questions you should be asking yourself" He stated. I nodded. "My parents though..." He hugged me

"Don't come out until you're safe. Here how about this; when we both turn 18 we move into a nice apartment?" I nodded "I like that idea." Only one problem.

I'm in love with you.

"Do you wanna tell Mr. Washington tommorow about our plans?" James recommended. "Even though we're not dating it won't be weird or anything. We've been friends since Kindergarten." He snuggled up to me "I-I'm scared to go home Jemmy." He put his hand on my leg "it's gonna be okay." I smiled at his touch.

But then I had the most absurd idea ever "Do you want to run away with me?" He raised an eyebrow "I have my car. I'll tell my parents I'm crashing at your place and I'll bring some stuff."

He retracted his hand and started fidgiting with his damn sleeve again. "With you?" I nodded "I'm gonna call my mom and you call yours. Get packing Maddy." I said with a genuine smile, rather than my usual fake smile.

I pulled out my phone "Hey mom? Can I crash at James' place over the weekend?" i heard a loud and low sigh through the phone "sure. (Whispering) your dad wants to speak to you."

The phone got traded off. Causing me to mouth the words 'Go start packing.' Jemmy nodded and walked away "Hello?" "Hello sir." "You're staying at James Madison's house?" "Mhm." "Why?"

"We have a project to finish and I figured it would give us more time to work." "Mhm. Well swing by the house for a suitcase or something. Your mother and I are currently heading to New York. The plane takes off soon. We have to go." "Alright. Talk to you later sir."

Boop. I exhailed a sigh of relief "Jemmy?" He came downstairs a few duffle bags in hand "Yes?" I chuckled. "I can help you with that." He shook his head

"We getting food from your house?" I shrugged "If you want something from here get it." We loaded the car up with his bags and things. He pulled all of his savings adding up to a total of $115.25.

I pulled into my driveway. I opened James' car door. We walked into my house and instead of just walking in I waited for James.

"You're being oddly nice today. Whats gotten into you?" I shrugged and walked upstairs I pulled some things for my phone, my favorite jackets, T-shirts ect..

I pulled my secret money stash and counted aloud. "2, 4, 6, 8. Alright I've got $800 here." I put the money into my pocket and took my wallet out

"and I'm sure theres at least $90 in here. So total we have almost one grand." James nodded messing with his sleeve. I continued to pack and talk to him