Chapter 30: Fight Back

(Jinri's POV)

Master Yoongi scoffed. "I can't even verbally explain how much I don't want to do that."

"But why?" Jisoo-ssi frowned. "It was Lee-seongsae who gave me the idea. He said this can be the edge of our play from the others. Plus, you and Jaena are a thing so there's no awkwardness between you, right?"

Namjoon-ssi leaned over her side. "Sorry but they're over."

Jisoo-ssi's eyes widen. "Oh, sorry for my ignorance. Uhm.. let's see.." She held her chin as she immersed herself into her own thoughts.

"I'm fine with it." Jaena-ssi muttered. "I mean, if it's for the sake of the play, why not?"

"Well that's good to hear!" Jisoo-ssi clasped her hands in happiness. "I just hope the same thing goes for Yoongi."

But Master Yoongi shook his head. "Nope. Even if it meant for me to fail this year, you won't make me do that kissing scene."

"Yah." Seokjin-ssi nudged him. "Don't risk your grades just to protect your ego."

"Yoongi." Jaena-ssi called him out. "I know there's tension between us, but maybe we can set our personal issues aside? Let's not waste everyone's efforts just because we're not on good terms."

Master Yoongi glared at her. "Oh please. There's nothing you can do to make me kiss you. I can't even look at your lips without imagining how many times it had blown Yugyeom's dick."

"G-guys. We don't have to fight." Jisoo-ssi held Jaena-ssi's hand. "We can just think of other ideas."

Jaena-ssi break free from Jisoo-ssi's grip. "You talk to me as if I'm a piece of shit. For all I know, that Jinri could be worse!"

I flinched, hearing my name being called out by Jaena-ssi. Uneasiness flooded over me as I heard my name being dragged to Master Yoongi and Jaena-ssi's argument once more.

"Oh no, you don't talk to Jinri-chu like that with me right here." Taehyung-ssi slinged his arm on me. "Jinri-chu could kill everyone in this room and she's still much better than you."

I heard Namjoon-ssi sighed. "Im Jaena, stop dragging Jinri to your issues with Yoongi. She doesn't have anything to do with what happened between you two."

"And stop comparing Jinri to you." Seokjin-ssi added in a nagging tone. "Unlike you, she's everything good in this world."

I raised my head, but regretted it right away as I met Jaena-ssi's fiery glare on me. Her brows arched upwards, expressing her anger towards me.

"You must feel special, being protected by them." She said in a mocking tone. "This is not the end, so you better watch out." She slammed the bottle in her hand on the table beside her and walked out of the auditorium, leaving us in silence.

******

"You should've told me that earlier!" Jimin-ssi brushed back his hair. "Now my hands are itching to meet her face."

Namjoon-ssi ran his hand over the dozens of clothes. "Yoongi, I think you should apologize to Kitten, at least. She's being dragged onto your problem with Jaena."

"Was it my fault that she's venting her anger to anyone she wants to?" Master Yoongi grumbled as he put back the cloth to the rack.

"Maybe we can stop talking about what happened on the practice?" Seokjin-ssi cut them. "Isn't the point of us going here at the mall is to make Jinri forget that thing?"

Jungkook-ssi ran towards me and put a cloth in front of me. "This suits you, Jinri-bear! Try it on!"

"For all I know, that Jinri could be worse!"

I am fully aware that I won't stand a chance to Jaena-ssi if I'll be compared to her. I mean, she have all the things any girl would dream of. I am nothing but a dirt to her.

There's a huge gap between the two of us that no matter what I do, I can never close it.

"Jinri-bear?" Jungkook-ssi waved his hand in front of my face.

I looked up to him and gave him a smile, that seemed to come out as an awkward one. "N-nae. I'm okay."

"You're not, Kitten." Namjoon-ssi lowered his head to me. "I'm sorry that we're bringing up what happened." He sighed and pinched my cheeks. "Cheer up now, please?"

I nodded. "Don't worry about me, I'm alright. Thanks for taking me to the mall today. I feel happy being with all of you."

"Oh my, what a touching scene we have here."

Jaena-ssi was behind us, her hands folded in her chest.

Hoseok-ssi looked at her and rolled his eyes. "The exit is over there. Please go that way."

"Dear God, I am literally sick and tired seeing her face everywhere we go." Seokjin-ssi closed his eyes and shook his head.

Namjoon-ssi clicked his tongue. "And what brings you here? We just saw you at the practice earlier."

"Don't worry." She removed her sunglasses and looked at me. "I just dropped by to personally give my message to Jinri."

Jungkook-ssi hid me on his back. "You'll have to go through me first.."

"You're not scaring anyone, Jungkookie." The sound of heels gets louder, and I felt Jaena-ssi's presence near me.

"Hey there." She smirked at my chilling form. "Still putting up that kind and innocent facade, aren't you?"

Taehyung-ssi tugged me away from her. "Step off, bitch."

"I wonder what you did to make these boys gush over you." Jaena-ssi chuckled, her eyes not leaving my face. "Aren't you just a bitc--"

Jimin-ssi pulled her back forcefully that she almost lost her balance. "Try ending your sentence and I'll really hurt you."

But Jaena-ssi just yanked his hand away off her arm. "One man can't satisfy you so you get all seven of them, huh? You're really the worst."

"For all I know, that Jinri could be worse!"

I know. I'm nothing compared to her.

"You don't know how it feels like being fooled by someone you loved the most!"

"It hurts. I loved her, but she fooled the hell out of me. I'm so dumb to think that she loves me the way I loved her."

But I can never hurt anyone the same way she hurt Master Yoongi.

"You're the worst!" Jaena-ssi repeated, and she swinged her hand back to slap me.

"Jinri!"

I caught her hand before it landed on my face.

"I know I won't stand a chance against you, Jaena-ssi. You're everything I'll never be."

And for a moment, I gathered all the courage I had in me and spoke.

"But you hurt Master Yoongi, and I'll never get that worse like what you did."

------

Catch me on Twitter @wishingstarwp