Chapter 7: Flashback

[Jinri's POV]

We spend the whole day roaming around the mall and purchasing groceries for the coming days.

"That was tiring." I exhaled out as we finished putting the groceries onto the ref.

"You said Master Yoongi will be home at three?" Butler Maru asked. I nodded tiredly and sat down on the kitchen floor.

He frowned. "His class ends at five. Maybe he's not on the mood to go to school." He told himself.

Speaking, sounds of impatient honks came outside the house.

"That must be him." He said and lurched outside the house. From inside, I can hear the clanking sounds of the gates being opened and a car engine that turns out of life.

I went to the main door and welcomed the two.

"Good afternoon, Master Yoongi." I bowed down. "How was your day?"

"It was fine." He stated. "Then I saw you; it became drastic." He went up the staircase and I heard the door shut tightly behind him.

I shrugged. "Maybe he's tired. School's really tiring." I told myself. "I should bring him snacks."

"Good idea, Jinri." Butler Maru praised. "Small tip, Master Yoongi has a sweet tooth." His finger tapped the tip of my nose.

I smile widely as tons of ideas flowed onto my mind.

-----

"Master Yoongi?" I knocked his door thrice, with my other hand holding his snack.

"Come in."

I gently turned the knob and went inside the room. As usual, his room was neat and organized. He was sitting on his royal chair, holding his iPad and glancing up at me. He was wearing a comfy sweatshirt and baggy pants.

"What do you need, woman? You can't just knock at my door and interrupt me every now and then." He tapped his fingers at the table beside him.

I bowed down. "Mianhaeyo. I just want to bring you this." I put down his food on the table beside him. "I know school's tiring. I prepared something that might help you to gain back your energy."

He nodded. "Okay. Now get lost." He shooed me away.

I bowed again. "Kamsahamnida. Eat well." I smiled and made my way outside his room.

[Yoongi's POV]

I clicked my tongue as she went out of my room. I looked at the table to check what she prepared for me, and it made me stop in my tracks.

Cookies and strawberry milkshake.

Jagiya! What did you prepare for me?

Your favorite, oppa! Cookies and strawberry milkshake~ Made with love.

Awh. My jagiya's so sweet and cute!

Aigoo. Eat it before I gave it to others!

Nae, nae jagiya. I will eat it deliciously since my jagiya did it for me.

I closed my eyes, trying to erase the memory out of my mind.

Out of all foods she can prepare, why does that woman chose to bring these?

I stood up and threw the cookies at my trashbin. I flushed down the strawberry milkshake on my bathroom.

I laid down on my bed, closing my eyes as my mind made quick flashbacks to the memory of my past.

Something vibrated on my side, it was my phone. I noticed that I already had 76 unread messages and 31 missed calls; most are from my friends.

Namjoon: I saw a cute girl here at the mall.

Namjoon? That's weird. He never gives attention to the girls around us. She even rejected the campus queen, Jaehi. That girl has something Namjoon did not see in others.

I was about to text him back, but I did not realize that I was already sleeping.

[Jinri's POV]

(The next day)

"I'm all ready!" I giggled at the front of the mirror and squished my cheeks. "I feel that today's going to be a good day!"

I looked outside, and saw the sun shining brightly. I went closer to the window and got a glimpse of the city.

"Waaah." I said amazingly. I looked down and saw children being send to school by their parents.

"Eomma, I'm scared." The kid said as he hugged the leg of her mother. Her mother chuckled and patted the young man's head. "Everything will be okay." She assured her child.

Everything will be okay.

Eomma, where will we live now? Ahjumma don't want us to live in their house. I'm scared.

Don't worry, my Jinri. Everything will be okay. Trust eomma.

I pressed my lips hardly and backed off from the window. I went out of my room like nothing happened.

"Good morning, Butler Maru!" I said, but his back was facing me. He turned his back, and smiled.

"Hello, Jinri. Ready for the whole day?" He asked.

I nodded. "Ready-freddy." I said and chuckled. We went to the kitchen and cooked breakfast.

"You think Master Yoongi is okay now? He aura was very different yesterday." I said, breaking the silence. "He looks like his day was completely destroyed. After I broughg him his snacks, he did not get down for dinner." I said worriedly.

He sighed. "Don't worry, Jinri. Everything will be okay."

I stopped.

"Everything will be okay." I repeated to myself, each words brings back a painful memory from my past; something I can never escape.

Butler Maru felt my silence. "I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No. I'm okay." I lied and smiled cheekily.

"Very well." He said. "We should start the day with a huge smile, okay?"

"Nae!"