Chapter 19: Dismay

(Jinri's POV)

"... Rapunzel."

Everyone's attention were shifted to the stage, making me a bit uncomfortable as I felt their gaze through mine.

Jimin-ssi skipped his way through the stage, his eyes sparkling. "Jinri is Rapunzel? That's great!"

"That can't be!" Taehyung-ssi put his hands beside his head, emphasizing his dismay. "If Jinri's the princess, I can't even bare to hurt her!"

Jaena-ssi cleared her throat firmly. "Uhh, not really. I'm Rapunzel." She clarified.

"I'm the magical tree." I said, flipping my paper towards them.

In a millisecond, Jimin-ssi's merry aura was suddenly replaced by a displeasant look. "Jinri would do the role better." He mumbled.

I bowed to Jisoo-ssi before leaving the stage, following Master Yoongi who already left the stage after revealing his role.

"Knowing you're not Rapunzel, now I don't mind burning the princess." Taehyung-ssi breathed happily.

"But the dragon was not supposed to set Rapunzel on fire." I said, smiling.

He just shrugged. "I'll do it anyways."

Namjoon-ssi, who asked one of our classmates about the final line-up of casts, came back to us with his hand helding his chin. "Wait, if Jaena got the role of Rapunzel, and Yoongi's the prince..."

"Oh no." Jungkook-ssi gasped.

It took Master Yoongi a few seconds to comprehend the whole situation before opening his mouth to say something.

"Fuck no!" He yelled. "No way I'll be paired up with her!"

Seokjin-ssi massaged his shoulders, trying to calm him down. "Now, let's not create a ruckus here. Maybe we can just ask Jisoo to switch the roles and---"

"Now that we've got the complete list of casts, I am expecting everyone of you to attend to our first practice meeting this coming Friday." Jisoo-ssi spoke through the speakers. "The line-up of casts are final and will not be changed anymore, so those people who made it to the casts should not miss the practices."

Seokjin-ssi scratched his nape before letting out a pressured laughter. "I guess there's nothing we can do now."

"No!" Master Yoongi yelled once more, and then grabbed Jimin-ssi by his collar. "You wanna be the prince charming, right? It's all yours!"

"Please." Jimin-ssi pushed his hands away. "Hearing that Jaena is the princess, I'd rather be at the production team now than to work with her."

"How about you, Taehyung?" Hoseok-ssi asked.

He shook his head firmly. "No, I want the dragon role. I want to breathe out fire to Jaena."

"I fucking want to do the same thing." Master Yoongi whined angrily.

Master Yoongi's eyes fell on me, and he shook my shoulders forcefully. "You want a salary raise? I'll raise your salary thirty fucking times; damn I would buy the whole Jeju island for you right now if you switch roles with me!"

I smiled nervously. "As much as I wanted to help Master Yoongi, I can't do the role of a prince."

"Well it looks like there's no stopping now." Namjoon-ssi stated. "I guess fate's trying to tell 'ya that Jaena's the one---"

"The one sent from the depths of hell to torment me." Master Yoongi finished. "Her existence itself is enough to make me suffer."

I bowed down. "I'm sorry, I can't do anything to help you Master Yoongi."