Chapter 18: Casting

(Jinri's POV)

Since this morning, I noticed that everyone was having a shining aura around them.

"Good morning, Kitten." Namjoon-ssi held my wrist, and then hit Master Yoongi by his elbow. "Yo, dude."

Master Yoongi let out a big yawn. "Everyone's acting shitty today."

"Well, you can't blame them. Everyone wants to be on the spotlight this year." Namjoon-ssi shrugged.

I tilted my head. "Spotlight?"

"Ah, you cute Kitten." Namjoon-ssi ruffled my hair. "Have you noticed that everyone's acting weird today?"

"Everyone in this damned school acts weird in every single day." Master Yoongi growled.

Namjoon-ssi shook his head. "Not that." He leaned closer to me as he pointed the group of female students hanging out at the hallway. "Did you notice how those girls did their face today?"

"They look beautiful." I cheered.

"Well, not really." He chuckled. "I mean, they overdid it today. And they wore their skirts too high."

I frowned a bit. "It seems that they're showing off."

"You're right, Kitten!" Namjoon-ssi pinched my cheeks.

"But why?" I asked.

"Because everyone here is either a complete asshole or a lowkey bitch." Master Yoongi spitted, before entering our classroom.

Namjoon-ssi looked at me and winked. "You'll know it later."

As we entered the classroom, the same situation was brought to my eyes. Even the boys are looking exceptionally great today.

"Hm, I wonder what's going to happen today." I hummed to myself, sitting in the desk.

******

"Jinri!" Jimin-ssi threw himself on me and rubbed his cheeks to my face. "You look good today!"

I smiled. "You also look good today, Jimin-ssi."

He gasped, his eyes suddenly filled with sparks. "You think I can make it this year?"

"Eh?"

"Unless the plot of the story is about a garbage and its daily struggles, it's not your time to shine yet." Master Yoongi mocked.

With tears stinging on his eyes, he wailed on me. "Jinri~ Yoongi's being mean!"

Seokjin-ssi cleared his throat, and then looked at me with blazing eyes. "The one who will be shined by that spotlight is none other than me, nae Jinri?"

"Eh.. I don't know what you're talking about." I scratched my nape in confusion.

Master Yoongi glared at me. "What's new? You're always that stupid."

Taehyung-ssi sat beside me, a lollipop stuck in his mouth. "I've never been not included to the cast, Jinri-chu."

"Cast?" I asked, my confusion growing more.

"At my first year here, I was casted as a rock! It was a bit embarrasing at first, but someone actually noticed my potential as an actor. That's why it's either I'm casted as a tree or a sun!" He said, proudly.

"Oh?" I asked. "That's great!" I said happily. "Maybe one day you'll be one of the main characters!"

Taehyung-ssi held his face and giggled. "And that day is today! I can feel it in my veins."

I bit my lip, not knowing what's with this day.

"I studied the school's handbook and I don't remember having a school event today, neither this week." I rested my chin on my hand, watching everyone in the cafeteria fuzzing over.