Chapter 25: Reconcile

(Jinri's POV)

Weekend passed in a blink of an eye and it's another week to start again.

Jimin-ssi and Jungkook-ssi stays on my side since this morning. They won't let me leave their sight and insists that I should tag them along wherever I go.

"It's for Jinri-bear's safety." Jungkook-ssi explained. "Prevention is better than cure."

I frowned. "Is there something I should be preventing?"

"Jaena and Yugyeom!" Jimin-ssi put his hands on each side of his head. "I've heard everything from Seokjin-hyung and we won't let you experience that again."

I sighed. "Thank you for your concern, but I am fine. There's nothing to worry about."

Jungkook-ssi pushed his body closer. "Andwae. It's better to prepare for anything."

Namjoon-ssi looked at us and carefully pried them away. "You guys are overdoing it. You're making Kitten uncomfortable."

But Jimin-ssi slinged his arms on my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. "Jinri is a small child and she needs to be protected at all costs."

"I'm not a small child." I whined.

Master Yoongi shook his head. "I'll just pretend I don't know all of you."

"Omona, it's Jungkook-oppa with Jimin-oppa!"

"It's Namjoon!"

"Yoongi-oppa! Look at us!"

They were surrounded by crowds of girls as we stepped out of the classroom, leaving me behind.

"Oh, I'll be having steamed fish for lunch. What a lucky day." I smiled to myself as I looked at my packed lunch.

I glanced at Master Yoongi, still surrounded by the girls. They were all pressing theirselves on him.

"You're making me claustrophobic." Master Yoongi said. "Stay away from me."

"Oppa, can I eat with you?" One of them said.

Master Yoongi didn't even look at her. "No. You already breathe the same air as mine; that's enough socialization for today." He said and squished his way away from the girls, and I slowly followed behind him.

"Jinri, wait for us--- Ack!"

*******

"Woah, the steamed fish tastes fresh!" Namjoon-ssi said as I gave him a portion of my food. "The seasonings blend well with the fish."

I smiled. "Thank you, this fish was on sale that's why I bought some."

"Oh, where's Jimin-ssi and Jungkook-ssi?" I asked, noticing they aren't back yet.

Namjoon-ssi looked away, smirking. "In the hallway, still surrounded by the girls."

"Hmm." I hummed. It must be tough to be famous, being surrounded by fans all the time.

I looked at Master Yoongi, he's already eating his food in silence. But he seemed to be tired, his eyes are dropping.

"You slept in the past two periods." Namjoon-ssi stated. "Don't tell me you still feel sleepy, Yoongi."

He yawned. "Socializing drains my energy."

"Stop being a lazy bum." Namjoon-ssi snickered. "Be active!"

"No thanks." Master Yoongi answered.

A tray of food appeared on the table, making us all raise our heads.

"Can I share a seat? There's no vacant table anywhere."

Namjoon-ssi sighed. "Sorry, Yugyeom, but we're saving these seats for our friends."

"Oh yeah?" He said in a teasing tone. "Aren't I your friend? Maybe you can spare me some seat, Mr. Genius."

Master Yoongi glared at him. "Why don't you just pretend to be a tree and leave?"

"Okay, that's a bit harsh." Yugyeom-ssi said, pulling the seat beside Namjoon-ssi and sat himself down. "But hey, why don't we enjoy the good food?"

Jungkook-ssi came running, his necktie worn out. "Huh, they're going wilder everyday." He said and looked at us. "Guys, sorry I'm lat-- Yugyeom?"

"Hey, Kook." Yugyeom-ssi greeted him. "I'm eating lunch with you guys today, isn't that nice, Shin Jinri?"

I can feel his face getting closer to me. I gulped and pulled away. "T-too close."

"Oh, you're not used to close contact?" Yugyeom-ssi said, his fingers caught a strand of my hair and started twirling it.

Jimin-ssi suddenly came, his figure much worse than Jungkook-ssi's. "Dear God, those girls--- Oh no you're not holding Jinri like that!" He pushed Yugyeom-ssi's hand away from me.

But Yugyeom-ssi was nod fazed by Jimin-ssi's words. He's still looking at me with a playful smirk. "Blushing over such small contact, my, what a cutie."

Namjoon-ssi cleared his throat. "If you're here to mess with us, feel free to leave. And stop hitting on Jinri, why don't you stay with Jaena?"

Master Yoongi growled. "Speaking of the devil herself."

"Hey, Jaena!" Yugyeom-ssi called her. "Come share a seat with us here."

Jaena-ssi looked over our table, her eyes stayed on Master Yoongi for a while, before looking at me.

I felt Jimin-ssi's hands squeezing my shoulder. "Don't be afraid, we're here."

My eyes stayed on my food. I don't know if I can look at Jaena-ssi properly after what happened last Friday. I still feel guilty on what she did.

"Uhh, it's kinda awkward here now." Jungkook-ssi said, finally sitting down beside Master Yoongi.

Master Yoongi rolled his eyes. "And I thought this couldn't get worse."

I can feel the heavy atmosphere surrounding our table. Everyone's tensed; Jungkook-ssi and Jimin-ssi never left their sight on me, making sure I'm alright.

Namjoon-ssi is uneasy with the mood. He keeps on looking at Master Yoongi, estimating his reactions.

And Master Yoongi's expression shows that he's provoked by the presence of Jaena-ssi and Yugyeom-ssi.

I just closed my eyes. The situation is not good, and I don't want to make it worse.

"I can't do this anymore." Jaena-ssi said. "I can't take this kind of scene."

Yugyeom-ssi looked at her. "What are you talking about?"

"Yoongi." Jaena-ssi called him.

"Oh God, not this shit again." Master Yoongi roared.

Jaena-ssi called him once again. "Yoongi, I-I don't know why I'm doing this, but this is what I really want to say."

All of us are looking at her, waiting for her next words.

"Yoongi, I want to make up with you."