Chapter 27: Threat

(Jinri's POV)

"You seemed to be troubled."

If it wasn't for Butler Maru, I wouldn't have noticed that I've been washing the same plate for a few minutes now. 

I looked up to him with a bit of shame. " O-oh, mianhaeyo."

"Is there something wrong?" He asked, rolling up his sleeves and he started to dry the plates I've rinsed. "You can tell me anything."

I sighed slowly and closed my eyes.

It's been a week since the incident at the cafeteria happened; Yugyeom-ssi and Jaena-ssi sitting with us, Jaena-ssi's sudden reclamation of her love for Master Yoongi, and Master Yoongi declining her feelings. Everything's still fresh at my mind.

Especially that moment, when Jaena-ssi left the cafeteria. I caught her giving me a.. rather unfriendly look. I'm not sure if it's on the fish I ate before, but I saw it clearly. 

Jaena-ssi was glaring at me. And I don't know why.

"I'm fine." I smiled at Butler Maru. "I'm just a bit nervous with the upcoming stage play. This is my first time to act out in front of many people."

He nodded. "Don't be. You'll do well, I believe in you. Besides.." He coughed. "I guess you won't do much since you're just a tree."

"Aigoo." I whined and folded my arms. "I told you it's not just a tree, it's a magical tree!"

He laughed and patted my hair. "Nae, nae. Magical or not, it's still a tree. You'll do great, Jinri. Trust me."

"Thank you, Butler Maru." I bowed. "And I know Master Yoongi will do great too."

"I do hope so. We'll see about that." He said, looking at Master Yoongi, who just came down from upstairs with a blanket draped over his shoulders. He yawned and slumped on the couch.

Butler Maru handed him a glass of water. "Good afternoon, Master Yoongi. How was your sleep?"

Master Yoongi just groaned and drank the water. "What time is it?"

"It's two-thirty in the afternoon, Master Yoongi." I glanced at the clock. "Are you hungry? Do you want something?"

He looked at me over his shoulder. "I want you to shut up."

"Oh, I almost forgot." Butler Maru picked up something from his back pocket. "Here's a letter for you." He handed the envelope to him.

"Me?" Master Yoongi asked, and he inspected the paper. "For Yoongi?" He read the writings on the envelope. "Who send this?"

Butler Maru gave him a shrug. "It was not written on the envelope, Master."

"Huh." He huffed. "Must be something stupid." And he tossed the envelope away.

Then a phone started ringing. It was Master Yoongi's phone. He looked at the screen of his phone and quickly pressed the end button. But his phone rang again.

He groaned and finally answered the call, and put it in loudspeaker. "Had it not been for the laws of this land I would have slaughtered you all."

"Is that how you answer to the call of your friends?" It was Seokjin-ssi's voice, muffled with other voices. "We're here right outside your house. We're coming in."

"I'm calling the cops." And he ended the call.

The front door flew open, with all them six right on the doorway.

"You and that rotten attitude of yours." Seokjin-ssi shook his head and sat himself on the couch. Namjoon-ssi followed him with Hoseok-ssi and Jungkook-ssi.

Taehyung-ssi and Jimin-ssi ran straight to me and twirled me around. "Jinri~!"

"Hello, Taehyung-ssi, Jimin-ssi." I greeted them. "Do you want something to drink?"

They shook their heads while grinning. "Let's sit with them!" They pulled my arms and sat me down together with the others.

"I'll be at my office." Butler Maru excused himself. "Call me when you need something."

Master Yoongi glared at them all. "What the fuck are you doing in my house? You know I can file a case against y'all."

"To hang out." Namjoon-ssi said nonchalantly. "We know you won't move a muscle if we invited you somewhere else. So why not here at your own area?"

"And you think that's a good idea?" Master Yoongi cackled. "Now I'm starting to doubt my capability to choose people to befriend with."

Namjoon-ssi rolled his eyes. "I think you should question your capability to choose a girlfriend first 'cause the last one was a complete failure."

"Toasty." Hoseok-ssi commented. "Now what are we going to do here?"

Taehyung-ssi raised his hand. "How about we lay down and start questioning our existence and purpose in life?"

Seokjin-ssi put his hand down. "No, Taehyung. That's too deep."

"I want to watch TV!" Jungkook-ssi said. "I've heard about this one KPop group that has been dominating the US music charts and collaborates with famous Western artists. I listened to their music and it's lit!"

Seokjin-ssi smiled knowingly. "Ah, that one! I know that, too. I personally like their eldest member, that one with an angelic voice."

Master Yoongi rested his chin on his hand and grumbled. "Why don't you just watch at your own homes? Get out of my house."

"You're such a party pooper." Hoseok-ssi shook his body. "This is bonding time!"

"No." Master Yoongi denied. "This is 'let's-fucking-disturb-Yoongi's-peaceful-life' time."

Jimin-ssi got the remote and opened the television, flipping through the channels to find something to watch. "Hmph, nothing worth watching." He leaned on the couch and got himself a pillow when he noticed something on the corner of the seat. "What's this?"

Master Yoongi looked at him. "Someone sent me a letter. Nothing written on who send it."

"Oh, that might be a love letter!" Hoseok-ssi get the letter. "For Yoongi? This is definitely a love letter." He said. "Yoongi, you lucky brat. Let's open it!"

Namjoon-ssi stopped him. "Hey, hey. Let the lucky boy open his love letter." He snatched the envelope away and gave it to Master Yoongi. 

Master Yoongi sighed again, and open the letter with an unenthusiastic mood. He read the letter silently, and his eyes slightly grew.

"Of course you have to read it out loud, moron." Namjoon-ssi told him, but Master Yoongi heed him no attention. He folded the paper and rolled his eyes. 

Hoseok-ssi groused. "I'm reading it myself!" He took the paper from Master Yoongi's hand and read the writings aloud. "Dear Yoongi, I don't think I have to introduce myself; this is Jaena."

Everyone gasped. I felt my heart pounding against my chest. 

"I understand that you don't want to be with me anymore." Hoseok-ssi continued reading. "But don't think I'll give up that easily. I made it loud and clear to you that I love you and I will do anything to get us back together."

Taehyung-ssi twirled his index finger near his ear. "She's gone crazy."

Hoseok-ssi suddenly fell silent. He looked at everyone, and gave me a worried look.

"What's that?" Namjoon-ssi asked. "Continue reading."

He gulped and took a deep breath, before reading again.

"I will do anything to get us back together, even if it means hurting that girl, Shin Jinri." 

******

Happy holidays everyone.

Catch me on Twitter @wishingstarwp