Chapter 22: Interest

(Jinri's POV)

"I can't believe I only got twenty-nine points." Jungkook-ssi huffed. "Mr. Baek is heartless."

Baek-seongsaenim, the 10th graders' Math teacher, just returned the papers from our last week's long quiz. Many are displeased with the result.

Jimin-ssi hit Jungkook-ssi. "You're not in the position to rumble about it. I've got twenty-one out of fifty points."

"If you only listened to me, you could've got better grades than that." Seokjin-ssi talked to them. "I told you to study for the quiz; but no, your disobedient asses chose to go easy-lucky."

Taehyung-ssi drank all his orange juice in one sip, and spoke. "Not really, hyung. I've got this lucky rolly pencil blessed by twelve monks from Cambodia and I used it last week; and I passed with thirty-eight points without studying."

"I hope I'm as smart as Namjoon-hyung." Jungkook-ssi sighed.

Jimin-ssi rested his chin on his head. "He only got three mistakes. And he didn't actually studied for it."

Namjoon-ssi chuckled. "Getting forty-seven on that quiz is a miracle; unlike some people over here who got the highest score in whole 10th grade." He said in a teasing tone, while staring at me.

I felt my face and ears getting red from embarrassment. I just looked down and continued drinking from my box of milk.

"Of course it's none other than our very own Jinri!" Hoseok-ssi cheered and clapped his hands.

"She could've got a perfect score if she didn't missed out one question." Namjoon-ssi said.

Jimin-ssi mushed my face. "Jinri is such a genius fluff of cloud!"

"But why did Jinri-chu missed out one question?" Taehyung-ssi asked me.

I fidgeted my fingers. "T-the quiz was about to end, and I noticed Master Yoongi fell asleep. I panicked and wake him up. I spend the last minutes trying to wake Master Yoongi."

"You shouldn't worry about Yoongi." Hoseok-ssi patted my shoulder. "Even if he fill the whole paper with equations, he'll still fail the quiz."

"How about you have some nice, warm cup of 'shut the fuck up'?" Master Yoongi glared.

Seokjin-ssi raised his brow. "I heard he got sixteen points. Wow Yoongi, you could make it to the Guiness for the World's Dumbest Person."

I frowned. "I do believe Master Yoongi did well on his quiz. Grades aren't the measurement of one's intelligence. I'm sure Master Yoongi is smart in his own ways."

"I didn't know you're capable of speaking such true words." Master Yoongi flipped his fringe upwards before raising his brow to them.

Jungkook-ssi smiled at me. "We should celebrate with Jinri-bear and Namjoon-hyung's grades. Mansae!" He raised both his hands in the air.

"T-thank you, Jungkook-ssi." I bowed down, my face still beet red. "But I think I just got lucky that day."

"Of course it's just luck, none other than that." Master Yoongi said. "You're too stupid Patrick Star is even smarter than you."

Namjoon-ssi snickered. "I hope you do realize that all those words fits exactly to you."

Everyone laughed their hearts out at Master Yoongi.

"That wasn't very nice." I muttered in a sad tone.

Taehyung-ssi scooted closer to me. "Have some lollipop, Jinri-chu. It's your reward for getting high score."

"You shouldn't have." I smiled shyly.

But he just poked the lollipop to my cheeks, and I giggled. "Thank you." I bowed down.

Seokjin-ssi stood up from his seat. "We should get back to our classes. Lunch's over."

We all stood up from our seats and went out of the cafeteria, being welcomed by the students chattering in a very loud voice.

"Ms. Jo is absent?"

"I've heard she and the other faculty staffs are heading to Jakarta for some seminars."

"She's the adviser of 10-B, right?"

Jungkook-ssi gasped. "Jo-seongsae is absent? How will we have our afternoon classes?" He shook Jimin-ssi's shoulders.

I pouted, thinking about what might happen with the teachers' absence.

******

"... and 10-B will be divided into two, to share classes with us and 10-C." Jisoo-ssi just came back from the sudden meeting of class' presidents.

Outside the classroom's door was the half of 10-B's class, fronted by two very excited boys.

"Jinri's gonna be our classmate!" Jimin-ssi and Jungkook-ssi yelled, settling theirselves on the empty seats near us.

Master Yoongi rolled his eyes. "I am so done with my life."

"Don't be like that. Isn't it fun to have this two lively dongsaengs in our class?" Namjoon-ssi tried to cheer him up, but just received a cold glare from Master Yoongi.

I felt a presence of someone occupying the seat behind me. I looked back and saw a familiar-looking male.

"Ohoho, why is our holy Min Yoongi grumpy?"

Jungkook-ssi also looked back. "Yugyeom? I thought you were transferred in 10-C's room."

"Nah. I like it here better." He sat down in a slouchy position, while smirking at us.

Master Yoongi groaned. "The author of this story sure loves to make me suffer."

"Quit breaking the fourth wall, Yoongi." Namjoon-ssi shushed him.

The man, Yugyeom-ssi, stared at me. "Perhaps you're the so-called Jinri?"

I suddenly became so nervous. "N-nae. Shin J-jinri imnida." I bowed down.

He stood up and walked towards Master Yoongi, slinging his arm on his shoulder. "I'm Kim Yugyeom, and I'm good friends with Yoongi."

Master Yoongi hold his mouth, as if he's about to vomit. "Why don't you row, row, row your boat gently away from me, huh?" He pushed Yugyeom-ssi away.

Yugyeom-ssi cooly took his arm away from Master Yoongi, and raising it up, as if he's surrendering. "Don't you worry, you're not the reason why I came here."

He made his way towards me; and lowered his body to meet my eyes.

He held my chin and neared his face to me.

"You've got my interest, Shin Jinri."

--------

Catch me on Twitter @wishingstarwp