Chapter 14: Show-off

(Jinri's POV)

"Isn't she the one with that maid-thingy last week?"

Students starts to chatter as I've finished introducing myself. I had no courage to pull my head up to face them.

I shouldn't agree to this on the first place.

"Miss Shin, please take that seat behind Mr. Min."

I looked up to see Master Yoongi's scowled face. I bowed down at the teacher and headed my way towards my seat.

"Be sure not to make idiotic scenes here." He hisses when I passed over him. I nodded vigorously and slumped down myself on the seat.

The teacher continued teaching his lesson and I find it a bit easy since I've read it in books before.

"Kitten~" Master Namjoon moved himself at the seat beside me and greeted me. "It's so nice to have you as our classmate!"

I smiled and slightly bowed down. "Thank you, Master Namjoon."

"Please just call me Namjoon." He said, I just nodded and focused my attention at the teacher again.

But Mas-- I mean, Namjoon-ssi wasn't listening. He kept on drawing doodles at the back of his notebooks.

Maybe he already knew the lessons. Namjoon-ssi is really great, I thought.

I watched Master Yoongi as he slowly drifted to sleep. Oh, maybe he wasn't able to go to sleep because he's too excited for school, as well? Poor Master Yoongi.

"Anyone can tell me what the famous Black Death is?" The homeroom teacher asked us. I noticed that no one was raising their hand.

She sighed. "Maybe Miss Shin knows the answer. Miss Shin?"

I gasped as I heard my name being mentioned by the teacher. I shakily stood up and felt the eyes of the class on me once more.

------

(Yoongi's POV)

"Maybe Miss Shin knows the answer. Miss Shin?" Ms. Joon asked.

Well fuck.

This girl is just going to humiliate herself in the class.

I looked at my back and saw Jinri fidgeting her fingers. I rolled my eyes.

"Just say you don't know the answer." I grumbled at her. Jinri's eyes weren't looking at me, but to Ms. Joon. Wow, she looks extremely dumb right now.

There's no way she would know the answer, could she? I don't even think she knew what subject we are tackling now.

I shook my head. "Just say you don't know, idiot."

"Ms. Joon won't get angry at you." Namjoon told her. Oh, I thought I was the only one who thinks this girl is dumb.

"Miss Shin?" Ms. Joon called her once more.

Jinri blinked her eyes, and her face became red.

I faced her. "Why don't you just say that you know noth--"

"The Black Death was an epidemic of bubonic plague, a disease caused by the bacterium Yersinia pestis that circulates among wild rodents where they live in great numbers and density. Such an area is called a 'plague focus' or a 'plague reservoir'*."

I glared at her. "What the..."

"The Black Death is thought to have originated in the arid plains of Central Asia, where it then travelled along the Silk Road, reaching Crimea by 1343. From there, it was most likely carried by Oriental rat fleas living on the black rats that were regular passengers on merchant ships. Spreading throughout the Mediterranean and Europe, the Black Death is estimated to have killed 30–60% of Europe's total population. In total, the plague reduced the world population from an estimated 450 million down to 350–375 million in the 14th century. The world population as a whole did not recover to pre-plague levels until the 17th century. The plague recurred occasionally in Europe until the 19th century.**"

Did she just said the perfect answer?

Ms. Joon smiled heartfully at her. "So it is true. A top student with an average of 97.81 just moved into the school. I'll be expecting more from you, Miss Shin."

Jinri's face burned even more. "Ah, kamsahamnida." She made a full bow and sat down on her seat.

Now, did I just heard it right?

My maid is a top student? With an average even I can't imagine?

"Wow, kitten. You're so smart! You did not tell me you're so bright." Namjoon smiled at her and poked her cheek.

"Ah, stop saying that." Jinri shook her head. "It's embarassing, Namjoon-ssi."

"Tch." I said. "Anyone can answer that question."

"For the next question, Mr. Min?"

-------

"I didn't knew you were that stupid, Yoongi." Namjoon laughed his ass of me. "Ms. Joon just asked about lesson last week and you can't even answer it!"

I glared at him. "Can you just die?"

"Master Y-Yoongi, your food is at the backpack." Jinri said as she followed us to the cafeteria.

"Yoongi-oppa! Namjoon-oppa!"

Oh there it is, the helpless voices of the bitches filling the hallway.

I saw Jinri looking at them, confused and scared. The girls are starting to form a flood and they're crushing us.

"Leave or I'll make your family crawl in mud." I threatened. And luckily, the girls made way for us.

"Master Yoongi is really awesome!" Jinri said as she pulled her thumb upwards, and we continued walking.

We reached the cafeteria, and we settled down to our usual seats.

"Man, I'm so hungry." Namjoon said as he glanced at he food available. "Hey kitten, what do you want for lunch? My treat."

Jinro bowed down. "Thank you, Namjoon-ssi. But I had made a bento for myself." She pulled the foodbox on the table and opened it, revealing a Kumamon-character design bento.

"You're awesome." Namjoon whistled. "Can I have some?"

I kicked his leg. "Namjoon, I swear if you continue acting stupid I'll kill you."

"Of course!" Jinri pushed her food towards Namjoon and let him gulp down her food. "Wait, I'll get us drinks." She said and made her way to the counter.

I looked at Namjoon. "Stop eating it. There might be worms dwelling in that food."

"Stop acting asshole, Yoongi. She cooks very well. Have a taste of this!" He tried to shove food in my mouth.

I pushed it away. "No thanks. I value my life."

"Aw!" I looked behind and saw Jinri on the floor. "I'm very sorry!" She quickly stood up and bowed down.

I slapped myself and pulled Namjoon to join me. "I told you not to be stupid here." I nagged at her.

"No it's okay. It's my fault, actually." I turned my head, and I knew I'm so ready to kill.

"Oh? Nice seeing you, Min Yoongi." Yugyeom chuckled, his arms slinged on Jaena's shoulder.

------

* from Historytoday.com
** from Wikipedia.com