Should I Still

★★★
Three stars out of five, because the plot is unique and creative.

Author: WideDreamer

Genre: Teen Fiction

Review:

According to the title and summary, this is a story about how a boy and a girl unrequitedly fall in love with their best friends. To distract themselves from the pain, they turn to each other for comfort and start a relationship.

According to me though, that is a side story to the actual story. As a reader, if I had to tell someone else what this story is about, I'd say: a girl that hates her family because her mother ran away has to hack her family's company in exchange for her father's secrets. When her boss goes missing and her brother might be responsible, she has to choose where her loyalties lie.

It really is a wonderful story, but the plot seems all over the place when you take in consideration the title and summary.

Advice: I have two options that the author could use (if desired) to fix this mistake.
1. Change the title and summary to something more fitting for the plot. Most readers will describe the plot the way I do.
2. Rewrite the story and stick to the main plot. Straying from it is what caused the story to be all over the place.

Now the characters. The characters have secrets, flaws and habits. This is good. We all want to be able to relate the characters. Flaws and habits make that easier.

However, it would be nice if there were more description in the story. What does the character look like? What does the setting look like?

Spelling, grammar and punctuation is important too. It's not that bad, but could still be improved.

Language could perhaps have been less formal. After all, this is teen fiction and the characters are teenagers.

All in all, I like the book because of the uniqueness and creativity of the plot.