Coronation

The roar of monsters thunders through the capital, booming and rippling through the air like massive waves, all crashing into the roofs above and seeming brightening the jewels that hung in the replacement of stars. Citizens of all shapes and sizes, dressed in their best dress or best casual wear, had bundled themselves all together in a large huddle, all cheering and screaming with pride for their kingdom and all it represents. Every known inhabitant of the Underground had gathered for this day; for the coronation of yet another human heir to the Dreemurr estate. This had brought excitement to the people, leaving them eager and ready to face their new liege in honor of all she had to offer. 

She, however, was locking herself away in a bathroom far from the ceremony, head hanging in her hands and back against the locked door. She breathed heavily if at all, curled in her  own warmth, the violet dress that had enveloped her curves. She covered her ears, ignoring the beating and worried male voices on the other side of the door. She waits in hope that they'd retreat and continue on with their day without her. The cheering of the crowds had managed to break through her walls, and she'd ran from the sight of their joyous faces in the fear of her duties. Fear of being older on that day.

She couldn't do it. 

Not when she knew how much she'd fall in love with those people. Not if she knew that she'd leave it all behind if given the chance. Not when she was too stuck on her own selfish wishes to see what was right in front of her; A good home and appreciative friends, someone she'd found romantic interest in despite not being aloud to be with them. 

If she had the gut to admit it, she would walk away. She'd walk away from it all and sacrifice herself even if the soul project had fallen into place, just to prove her worth. She didn't deserve what had been bestowed upon her, she thought. She didn't choose to be carved out into a person of royal decent, she didn't choose for people to care about her. If she had nothing to be happy for, than this would be much easier. But... She had put herself in a position were she couldn't afford to be unhappy because i was too high a price.  She'd been seduced by the smiles of the innocent and succumbed to the yearning in her heart, to stay. 

She couldn't go out there, because she knew that she'd only be brought to the realization that she had run out of time. Time that couldn't be turned back. She'd run out of the time to give herself to the barrier and run out of the time to change her mind. Now she's stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

She jumps, squealing to the feeling of a large hand pounding the door. 

"Sibs! Please you have to come out!" 

Asriel's low voice steps in, whispering wearily "Char, it's starting in a few minutes."

"Damn it, I know that!" He giggles the door nob desperately, frowning. "Sibs please. I know it seems scary but I promise you, it won't be once you get out there."

Frisk whimpers, hugging her knees to her breast and biting down on her knuckles. She chokes on her pride, on her will to keep quiet. She died to snap at him, to let him know that she wasn't just afraid. She was stressed and too self conscious to take even a step towards that balcony, were she'd be crowned official princess. She couldn't take it. She wanted terribly for someone to hold her, to comfort her, to kiss her and whisper that it'd be alright. That she didn't have to face this alone, that they'd be with her every minute of it. That she wasn't as alone as she believed, and that they'd be by her side no matter what..... But he wasn't there. 

She cried silently as Chara went to go get their father, leaving Asriel to attempt to get the door opened. The king rushed from his "podium", accompanied by his wife, and hurriedly ratted a round of the wood. She doesn't reply.