Weak

(Frisk's perspective)

Both monsters  had started to stare at each other intensely. Embers were still surrounding the given area as Grilbey stood between the opposing forces. I was jerked by the arm suddenly with large paws. I yelped, wincing in pain as his claws embedded into my skin. Sans took a step forward, reaching his hand out in my direction, glaring at the dog monster.

"Don't mind me...I'm just gonna borrow my kid for a bit."

Just as he was there, he was in front of me, I jumped. The skeleton flashed a wide smile at me, holding out his hand for me to grab it. Gladly, I did so. We then reappeared on the other side of the bone barrier, Sans gripping onto my hand as he pushed me behind his towering figure.Or at least, towering figure compared to me. He looked me up and down then turned to face our old enemy. The flames in his iris grew with the following comment.

"I-I thought you couldn't use magic anymore!" the guard backed up. "The hell is this?! What are the two of you still doing here? If I'd of-"

"Save it."

I flinched at Sans' sudden outburst, low and unnatural. He turned towards me nurturingly and pressed his teeth against my forehead. It felt different than how it had when I was just five or six. It made my heart flutter and my mouth drop slightly. I flushed a pink color as he turned back and let go of my hand to step away. " S'okies Frisk, hang tight for me. Got it?" he whispered to me as our ands slid apart. I suddenly felt fear for the dog man.

After all of these years I thought I knew Sans. But now? I don't even know the basics to him. I never knew he could be so serious. Actually, that's a flat out lie...

Sans chuckled, now in the assaulters face, at least a foot shorter than him. He looked up and said in a bloodthirsty tone.

"What the hell were you doing with her, dog boy?"

'Dog boy' straightened his posture as best he could, puffing out his chest.

"What are YOU doing, 'Sans'? Everyone said that you were blind.." He brakes his cool for a second. "Y-you shouldn't be able to use magic anymore!"

Sans let out a low laugh, sending shivers down my spine. He's scary in this state...

"Yeah? Well your men didn't spear but only one of my eyes...ya know? And hey~ With everyone assuming I had lost all magic properties with it..."

He shrugged, waving his hand over what I'd imagine was his 'blind' eye. But a sick expression appeared on Dog's face. He looked like he'd seen a ghost. Grilbey and I couldn't see... The flame man stood behind me silently.

" I wasn't being hounded to join the Royal Guard anymore..."

THAT'S why Sans never used his magic? He didn't want to be in the Royal Guard? Everything was being pieced together. This whole time...For the past ten years Sans has been playing the 'crippled' card on everyone for his own benefits. Why would he suddenly throw that away? Soon, he spat out the answer, catching me off guard.

"But then I remembered that there's someone I have to keep my sockets on. Cause God knows how much she means to me. And possibly the fate of our world..."

The fate of..our world?...

With that, Sans swung his fist, setting off the sound of a crumbling jawbone. With a loud howl, Dog boy was cowering on the hardwood floor, spitting blood out of his mouth. Sans stood above him meaningly, clenching his fists, blood dripping from one of them. As his voice rose.

"IF YOU PULL THAT SHIT WITH FRISK AGAIN OUR NEXT CHAT WON'T BE AS ENJOYABLE."

I felt a warmth on my cheeks and... Flattery? Good grief what is wrong with me?