The Delta Rune

(Frisk's perspective)

Mom continued to scrub at my palm to point it was nearly raw... She seemed distressed about the Rune symbol being there after what happened in Judgment Hall. It appeared after I used my magic to heal Undyne. When she and Az reported it to Dad his eyes widened and he took my hand, rushing me home and showing Mom. Now, Toriel's having a small panic attack trying to remove something from my body that could possibly be permanent. Worry rang in her voice.

"Frisk dear. I am going to ask one more time..Are you sure this is not just some permanant marker?"

I wince as she continues to scrub at my hand. "YES... I am more than sure. It only came up after I healed Undyne. I SAW it appear."

Asore was kneeling beside Toriel, resting a hand on her lap.

"Tori, the more you scrub at her hand the more it will hurt her, you know."

Toriel seems to open her eyes and gasps, setting down the rag and staring at my pinkened palm, a few red spots here and there.

"O-oh my! I am so sorry child! Do forgive me!" she jumps up and runs to the supply closet, taking out a first aid kit and rushing back. Asriel takes out his phone and walks out of the room, Chara is turned away from everyone, tapping his foot in deep thought. I could hear my brother's conversation from the dining room table.

"I know..but come on, I know it's a lot to ask since you guys are busy right now but-.... Yeah! That'd be great, we'll meet you there." he hung up the phone and ran to me, taking me by the arm and dragging me to the door. Our mom questions him franticly but he ignored her and kept dragging me off.

~~~~~~

"Asriel?! Where are we going?!"

He ignored me and kept running, his stomps thundering throughout waterfall. I stumbled and he scooped me up bridal style, continuing to bolt through the echo flowers. I tug on his cloak.

"Azzy! Please, tell me wh-"

He looked down at me, eyes full of worry and wide. I shut up.

(Asriel's perspective)

Holding Frisk tightly, I trampled through the caves of Waterfall, not minding that I am still in my royal wear. Of course, residents of the falls were all curious. I didn't care though, not right now. My little sister not only just healed a horribly wounded monster without breaking a sweat, but the Delta Rune just so happened to show up afterward. And the fact that she had magic at all was scary enough. Humans aren't supposed to even have magic. And to think of one having more than one kind is even more of a shock. If humans, in Frisk's case sorcerer's, DO have magic, they'd have to be very powerful. I didn't even know they could have two different magics to begin with.

Frisk is apparently a pyromancer like me, Mom, Dad, and Sans. But she also has some unknown gift that gives her ability to heal things close to death.

I hate to say it, but I lied to my little sister... When I said that Undyne had been hurt worse, I only said that to ease her nerves. In honesty, Undyne has never been forced to one knee, not since the Resets.

What scares me most is that Chara has the same markings on HIS palm. But..His were black, not white. Which can only mean one thing. That I...hope I'm wrong about...

Frisk and Chara...

~~~~~~~~

We stop at the sight of the old monster, I breath in slowly and hurry towards the most trusted advisor. He see's us and turns around, signaling behind him. Gaster comes out of the shadows, behind him comes a shorter skeleton, a look of urgency on his face, pupils small.